Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Audiobooks
 Login/Join

posted
I might also suggest getting the audiobooks with him narrating. He gives the background on most of the stories!

Posts: 1 | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome! What books does he do the narration for?

"The drain of talent - pure talent - from one single department, Feature Animation, has been absolutely gut-wrenching in the past year. People are being asked to leave because management - meaning Michael Eisner - can't figure out what to do with them. That is not the fault of the talent... it's the fault of management." <br />�Roy E. Disney <br /><br />savedisney.com<br />for future generations

Posts: 47 | Location: wilmington, DE, USA | Registered: 07 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got Martian Chronicles at the local library and, some years ago, some selections from Dandelion Wine. I'm sure there are others- haven't researched yet...
Highly recommended!

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just finished listening to From the Dust Returned(Harper Audio). Kept me spellbound, start to finish. The tale and its telling are exquisitely odd and oddly exquisite. If I had any doubts before that Mr B. is a master, they went poof. The narrator, John Glover, is no slouch either. Tape includes very interesting background in Ray's own words about the writing of this particular story, 40 years in the making! Two thumbs and two big toes up.

[This message has been edited by whispering feet (edited 02-04-2005).]

[This message has been edited by whispering feet (edited 02-04-2005).]

Posts: 1 | Location: aloha, or, usa | Registered: 04 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an audio set entitled Ray Bradbury Himself Reads 19 Complete Stories. I believe that I purchased it at Borders or Barnes and Noble. It has four cassette tapes highlighting stories from The Martian Chronicles and The Illustrated Man. I have another single cassette of Dark They Were and Golden Eyed read by a full cast production. It also includes a brief interview with Ray.

Posts: 294 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://www.genordell.com/stores/spirit/RBmedia.htm

Thorough RB listings here. Current availability is the question.

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post