Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    every October, every Hallowe'en
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

every October, every Hallowe'en
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
"Bang! Zoom!"

ImageTo_the_moon_Alice.jpg (27 Kb, 8 downloads)

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BrII, I am cleaning off my screen now....

Also, Salute!
We just did Marionettes, Inc. in class then saw James Coco and Leslie Neilsen in the main roles on RBT epsiode. I think Mrs. Braling also played "Mrs. Brown" (of the Honeysuckle Ladies) in the Exorcism.

"tick, tick, tick..."

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“How sweet it is.” How sweet it was.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Love, Alice" by Audrey Meadows is worth reading. Here's a synopsis:

http://www.celebritiesdirect.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?...duct_Code=LAMLAAHBAM

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BrII, "classy passage!" Some millenium long from now, our archives may be dusted off and the likes of Jackie-Audrey-Art-Joyce, Andy-Don, Ricky-Lucy, Laurel-Hardy, Curly-Larry-Moe, Clark-Superman, Bogie-Lauren, Walt-Mickey, Roy-Dale, Doug-Tom, Lassie-Timmy, Atticus-Scout-Jem, Kate-Spence, Dean-Jerry, Jack-Rochester, (help me here, guys) will be intrinsically comprehended.

Whoever deciphers our achievements and tragedies will no doubt shed tears of joy and melancholy when they come to know the characters and images that so closely touched our long forgotten generations.

"Though the night was made for loving,
And the day returns to soon,
Yet we'll go no more a-roving
By the light of the moon."

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"A rovin', a rovin', a rovin' will lbe my ru-i-in;
I'm bound to go a ro-ho-vin' with you fair maid"

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always watch the animated special of Halloween Tree before Halloween, every year. It's so beautifully done, I wish it was out on DVD.

The most magical thing I ever saw was the pumpkin garden. There is a steep hill with houses on either side, and there are stairs that go down the hill, and a strip of land between the houses. The actress Grace Marchand used to live in one of the houses, and she created and tended a beautiful garden on the strip of land. The residents kept the garden up for decades, and every Halloween they used to put jack o' lanterns in it, there would be over 1,000 pumpkins in there. They would provide a lot of them, and then anyone could bring a jack o' lantern. The garden was this lush, verdant, dark green fern garden with a lot of baby tears and beautiful flowers spilling all over. It had different levels, and the pumpkins were sitting on all the different levels, all different styles of carving, some professional looking and some not. It was completely dark except for a few malibu lights, and all the jack o'lanterns were lit and flickering. It was the closest thing to fairyland I ever saw. All those beautiful jack o'lanterns glowing and glittering in the black velvet night. The very next year, the city had taken over care of the garden, and the Halloween pumpkin fairyland was gone forever. I think about it every Halloween, and will never forget it.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That’s some beautiful stuff, folks.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
(help me here, guys) "

Butch, you mean more?
Fibber-Molly, Bud-Lou, George-Gracie, Rob-Laura, Nero-Archie, Lamont-Margot, Beanie-Cecil, Morcambe-Wise, Popeye-Olive, Groucho-Chico-Harpo, Fields and McCarthy, Alfalfa-Darla, and maybe even Blind Henry and "The Martian"?

(By the way, that should be "Bogie and Betty", you know. She hated "Lauren")

posted Hide Post
You got it, Sundance!! "Keen" as always!

We can all be proud of what we are because of what we have been. Hope springs eternal, yes?!