Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    what about it??
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

what about it??
 Login/Join

posted
Every person has a different opinion, but no one really ever express thereself. What are your thoughts and/or opinions about this story and the characters?

Posts: 7 | Location: Wausau, WI. 54401 | Registered: 18 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was good, yet still managed to be confusing.

Posts: 18 | Location: Wausau | Registered: 18 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I kind of liked the story. but it was kind of confusing to me. not everyone will like it. i know alot of people didn't like it.

Posts: 11 | Location: wausau,WI Marthon | Registered: 18 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry, but what story are you referring to?

Posts: 294 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Biplane, this is another group of high schoolers who've been assigned "Farenheit 451".

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel so foolish. I should have known. But at least they are thinking! I just thought that they would have predicated their "thoughts" by restating the topic. It shows how far out of the loop I am.

Posts: 294 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
k im sorry but you guys must be (seriously lacking in intellectual capabilities) if you found that book confusing, i read it before highschool and understood it. at least you think its good, but thats all i can say.

i swear people are trying to drive me insane

[This message has been edited by dandelion (edited 12-09-2004).]

Jon

Posts: 40 | Location: st.cloud, MN, USA | Registered: 08 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Weighing in here, I read it on my own in 8th grade. Not assigned. A copy was available in the classroom which I picked up and read.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ha good job editing, dandelion

Jon

Posts: 40 | Location: st.cloud, MN, USA | Registered: 08 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks; I like to preserve the spirit of the original.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
it also makes me look better when the wording is more advanced haha

Jon

posted Hide Post
I honestly can't remember when I'd read F451! But I just recently got a copy from the SF book club, so it's on the pile "to be read." I just have to figure out, do I read that one first or the last two Dark Tower books that have been sitting waiting for me for quite some time! Oh, what to do when there are multiple books clammering to be read at the same time!

Posts: 213 | Location: New Berlin, WI, USA | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Korby,
Read Fahrenheit first. It'll take you what, about a day?

Posts: 11 | Registered: 09 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That all depends on what else is going on in my life, jiminut! Even though I can read a novel in one day, if it's something that really grabs me, I feel I've cheated myself by reading something that fast. Maybe I'll have to read more than one book at a time! One to bring to work to read during breaks, the other to read at home.....hmmmm, there's an idea!

Posts: 213 | Location: New Berlin, WI, USA | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Korby said:

"Oh, what to do when there are multiple books clammering to be read at the same time!"

I have hundreds clammering. I have no business setting foot in a bookstore and should also stay out of thrift stores, but I reeeally like books. Oh, how I loves me books. The smell, the feel, all that information and all those words just waiting for some lucky chosen-one such as I to come along and be willingly seduced by their charms.

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post