Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Hey, we might as well discuss music here, too!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hey, we might as well discuss music here, too!
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grasstains:
But put me on a deserted island and give me one CD and a solar-powered CD player and I'll take ENDLESS SUMMER by The Beach Boys...

Or better yet, the new collection, The Warmth of the Sun, a more obscure, and even better collection of songs.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Even when he was drunk, his guitar-playing was unbeatable.

Great as he was, he could be beat - ever see Robbie Robertson schoolin' E. C. during Further on Up the Road from The Last Waltz?

At any rate, Phil Keaggy is the greatest guitar player in the world!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
George also played on Dylan's 'If Nor For You', and rock urban legend has it that he also played the solo on John Lennon's version of 'Stand by Me' (it does sound like him anyway).

I've been listening to:
Tom Petty's HIGHWAY COMPANION
Paul Kelly (awesome Australian singer-songwriter)
Johnny Cash's AMERICAN V
My favourite Springsteen bootlegs (one from the TOM JOAD tour, and the whole NEBRASKA album live in Lincoln Nebraska)
Nick Drake

Posts: 125 | Location: NSW South Coast, Australia | Registered: 07 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Even when he was drunk, his guitar-playing was unbeatable."

Yeah.....I love watching Clapton & Harrison play together on 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps' on The Concert for Bangladesh DVD.

We come from people who brought us up to believe that life is a struggle, and if you should feel really happy, be patient: this will pass.
~~Garrison Keillor

Posts: 50 | Location: The not-so-wild, wild west, Texas | Registered: 19 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oz-crumley:
"I've been listening to:
....My favourite Springsteen bootlegs (one from the TOM JOAD tour, and the whole NEBRASKA album live in Lincoln Nebraska)
Nick Drake

Wow, I bet the 'Nebraska' album is incredible!

We come from people who brought us up to believe that life is a struggle, and if you should feel really happy, be patient: this will pass.
~~Garrison Keillor

Posts: 50 | Location: The not-so-wild, wild west, Texas | Registered: 19 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oz-crumley:
Johnny Cash's AMERICAN V

Yeah, about a month ago, I listened again to all five of the American Recordings - the best work he's done!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Well, I've been playing music, so nyah nyah nyah.

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big Grin
LOL! Excellent! Good for you, B, you lucky.....ummmm, guy? girl? I'd LOVE to be able to play music. Which instrument(s)? And what sort(s) of music?

~~Garrison Keillor

posted Hide Post
Tess,
Guy.
Bass viol.
Jazz (mostly).
And singing (classical mostly).

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
At any rate, Phil Keaggy is the greatest guitar player in the world!

He sure is.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
He sure is.

Indeed.

He does a great McCartney here.

"Live Forever!"