Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    DANDELION WINE AUDIO CD
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DANDELION WINE AUDIO CD
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I know - I can't wait. Did you get to listen to the whole CD yet? I love Miss Fern and Miss Roberta on the porch telling their story, with
the distant piano sounding like a silent movie, and another favorite part was Leo Auffman collecting things for the Happiness Machine.

Posts: 36 | Registered: 15 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, I have not finished it all yet. I did hear that part about Miss Fern and Miss Roberta. It was pure magic, piano was excellent. I think I heard the wind too, and all that about the lonely one sent chills down my back. Been very busy the last couple days, been sporadically listening in my car.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This sounds wonderful! do you have a source? or Do you have a blank CD and a burner? Actually, if Mr. B. gets anything from the sale of a ligit copy, forget the latter. It sounds like something I'd love, being a fan of Radio Shows...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got my copy last weekend from Borders. $17.95 I think it was, and well worth it. It has a nice cover too. I can do the latter if you have trouble obtaining it.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
its on Amazon. Mr. B is involved in it - so buy it! he wrote an awesome leter to the colonial radio people. its on their website www.colonialradio.com

posted Hide Post
and I spelled "letter" wrong. It's late here!

posted Hide Post
Jim,

thanks for pointing out Ray's letter, I hadn't seen that before. (I notice Ray says he was moved to tears. But then again, didn't he say he cries reading the phone book?!)

Colonial told me back in October that they had already finished recording the voice parts for Something Wicked, and that it was in the queue for music scoring. I haven't heard anything about a release date yet.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, thanks! I just checked and my local Borders has it! Huzzah!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never heard Ray say that he cried reading the phone book! lol! Still, he must have liked it enough to have played it twice! At last, finally, his plays are being produced for the mass market! I hope he has a hit with this one!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
...and that it was in the queue for music scoring.

I like the way the British say 'queue'.

Queue is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree - it sounds better than "waiting in line."

posted Hide Post
Actually, when I said "queue" I was directly quoting the guy from Colonial, who I assume to be American.

Anyway, queue is a perfectly good word. We queue; we queue up; and when traffic comes to a standstill we have... a traffic queue!

I prefer the New York term, actually: wait ON line.

I think that business about Ray crying when he read the phone book is actually from the unnamed narrator (a thinly disguised Ray Bradbury) of Death is a Lonely Business or one of its sequels.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The New York line I like is, “Say, Bub, that light ain't gonna get any greener!”—this from the queue of course.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back on track (I think!), at my local Borders yesterday, while getting a 25th anniversary present for Mrs. Braling, I got myself the Dandelion Wine Audio! I'm really looking forward to it!

posted Hide Post
I was surfing on ebay and found a copy of the new CD that Mr. Bradbury signed. It's double the cost but still neat to see.signed copy