Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    about fahrentheit 451.................
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

about fahrentheit 451.................
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
(Facebook, cellphones, charge cards, i-pods, gps, e-mails, now tv's!! "Obit" of human freedom and individuality. RE: Albert Brock, "Just leave me alone!")

Right!
And like F451, that show is still a pertinent wonderment.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
L: "Tuscaloosa" is a really cool word! Is that indicative of all of its residents as well?!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not to mention everyone's personal information is online.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
L: "Tuscaloosa" is a really cool word! Is that indicative of all of its residents as well?!

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know.
Then we tried to remove the tusks. The tusks. That's not so easy to say. Tusks.
You try it some time. As I say, we tried to remove the tusks. But they were embedded so firmly we couldn't budge them.
Of course, in Alabama the Tuscaloosa, but that is entirely ir-elephant to what I was talking about.

- Groucho, Animal Crackers

Big Grin

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is that indicative of all of its residents as well?!

No, I'm atypical. Nevertheless, hardcopy dosseiers of all are enroute to the mothership. A non-punitive measure I assure you. Big Grin

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Tuscaloosa!" "Non-punitive!" Exactly and precisely.

Ha! That's why I stumble by this RB site on occasion. Someone always leaves a light on so we can share in the Lollapalooza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfN_gcjGoJo

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post