Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

affair
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
If you get a chance, see The Wild Child (1970) L'enfant sauvage (original title), a wonderful movie which Truffaut wrote, directed, and acted in! By the way, Weller's book was the first I heard of Bradbury having any problem with Truffaut. I always heard him saying he admired the ending, which he didn't write, "it was all Truffaut," that he saw it numerous times, "and I wept every time."

Posts: 7302 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of course, L'Enfant Sauvage is all about education. Ironically, Truffaut himself had a terrible time in the education system (he essentially WAS the troublesome child of LEs Quatre Cents Coups).

Bradbury has been remarkably revisionist in his public utterances about the film of F451. dandelion is right: he used to say he loved it, loved the ending, etc. Recently he has more than once said that Truffaut "ruined" the story!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Could he just be setting up for the remake?

Posts: 7302 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or just getting old and cantankerous. Or, with age, he is loosening his tendencies for self-censorship.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post