Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    AGAIN! New Photos of Bradbury (Album #3)

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AGAIN! New Photos of Bradbury (Album #3)
 Login/Join

posted
August 30th, 2006
============================================================
Here are 17 additional photos, previously unpublished except for perhaps 1 or 2... all from Mr. Bradbury himself. Go to the website link that follows, and click on BRADBURY in the green area. Photo Albums #1, #2, and the new addition, Photo Album #3, will be found on that page.

http://www.catchaway.com

============================================================

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard, simply a great collection of photos on your very interesting site. Thanks. My East Coast location makes it impossible to attend the many public events Mr. Bradbury still (amazingly) frequents. I know I would be in the middle of most if proximity were on my side. One of these days....

We sent a letter, some items of congratulations, and a lively card for his 86th last week. A mere 6 days later, we received an large envelope with his distinctive handwriting and one of his wonderful caricatures emblazoned across the front. Enclosed were a couple of magazine articles and a F451 NEA pamphlet (both very nice with brief notes include from Mr. B).

The bottom line, how kind of him to take time, in view of the hundreds of letters and gifts he no doubt received, to respond and send thanks and his Love back our way!! The best message, however, was expressed in the visual appearance of his correspondence. It is the strongest and most vital I have seen in a while. I believe, Biplane and Dandy commented on this about their conversations shared with him in recent days, also. He has so much to share with us all. What a treasure!

Posts: 2804 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard, keep them coming! We are all enjoying these photos so much.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent stuff! Ray (today) looks a lot like his mother!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Ray (today) looks a lot like his mother!

I noticed the same thing!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post