Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Story title
 Login/Join

posted
Would anybody out there be so kind and help me remember a story title. It's about a man who goes through the canals of Mars and stops at Martian houses to help Martians with handyman chores. The idea is that Martians are smaller and not very good at fixing things around the house, so the big Earthman earns a living as a "door to door" handyman. I could have sworn the story was in the Martian Chronicles but lo and behold I didn't not find it there when I went looking.

Thanks

Posts: 3 | Location: Chapel Hill, NC, US | Registered: 03 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good grief. That plot sounds familiar, but I can't place it, either. Was it adapted to comics? Or radio?

Posts: 69 | Location: Matthews, NC, USA | Registered: 20 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not Bradbury. He was pretty consistent with his Martians, who were accomplished builders, though in a more delicate, less sawdust-and-rust-covered way than the earth men.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
James:

Dandelion says it's not Bradbury and I now think Dandelion is right. Also, that I know, this has not been adapted to radio or comics. The reason I got confused is probably because of "The Million Year Picnic".

Thanks for answering

Telek

quote:
Originally posted by James Robert Smith:
Good grief. That plot sounds familiar, but I can't place it, either. Was it adapted to comics? Or radio?

Posts: 3 | Location: Chapel Hill, NC, US | Registered: 03 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandelion:

I was afraid of that... as soon as I started browsing the Chronicles, I began to suspect the Martians in the story I remember didn't match Bradbury's Martians, but I needed knowledgeable advice... Thanks again.

Telek