Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    NOT our favorite book...

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NOT our favorite book...
 Login/Join

posted
Adventure Books has posted up a stylized picture and some pointed comments about 'The Juice' and his new book being released by HarperCollins...

EDIT: Old news now. We dropped the postings. Our apologies if you missed it... Cool

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Robert M Blevins,

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can we burn it?...just this once, please...pretty please with o.j. on it.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually I can go along with Judith Regan's reasoning behind why she published the OJ book, under her Regan Books mark, a sub of HarperCollins. What I don't know is this third party stuff about money. Did she get duped? Or does the money actually go to the family?

Reading her reasons in a recent newspaper article basically is this: Judith Regan says, "I was abused by a maniac husband. I want people to know what sort of man does this. And this book spells it out." That is a sound bite to the actual article/interview, but you get the point.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil Knox asked:

quote:
What I don't know is this third party stuff about money. Did she get duped? Or does the money actually go to the family?

Doesn't matter Phil. First, she was not duped. She was well aware of what she was doing, and had a meeting with the head of HarperCollins about the book. They both ran with the project. Her 'I was abused' excuse doesn't wash. Second, the family has made it very plain they have no wish to MAKE money on the sales of books written by the guy who 'allegedly' hacked their family members to death...so the point is moot.

Regan, as publisher, will make MORE than the families for each book sale, so unless she is planning to donate her own share to the families, then she is business-as-usual. (She currently is NOT planning to do this, by the way.) As our post notes at the AB blog, she stands to make millions.

Adventure Books speaks out on 'If I Did It.'

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please allow me to share a remembered phrase from my youth: "Don't buy books by crooks."

Posts: 195 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, well, there goes my Nixon library.
Or wasn't he the one that said I'm no crook? Yeah, that was him! Okay, on second thought, I'll keep the Nixon books.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I removed the link, since the story is now dead. There is some justice, at least...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Robert M Blevins,