Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Dandelion Wine

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dandelion Wine
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all! I just finished reading this wonderful book. This is my first read from Mr. Bradbury and so enjoyed it! I look forward to reading more! What a beautiful and a sweet story. The book was so wonderfully written. Mr. Bradbury, through his writing, allowed me to have such a perfect visual. I felt I was right there in that town, running along side these children or sitting on the front porch. For those of you that have not read it, I highly recommend it. For those of you who have, what are your thoughts on this book? Thanks for listening and don't forget to pass on that smile!!!!! Jan

Posts: 1 | Location: Sequim, WA USA | Registered: 05 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Iw as introduced to Bradbury in HS as a sci-fi writer. I started with F451, Martian Chronicals and Something Wicked This Way Comes, then all the stories. I finally read Dandelion Wine in HS, but I think I had two problems with it: (1) It was not what I was expecting, so I didn't respond to it well, (2) I was just too young to appreciate many of the life observations he made in it. It was -- emotionally -- over my head.

I re-read it last year and really, really enjoyed it and got a lot more out of it.

Glad you liked it!

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandelion Wine is, for me, the quintessential Bradbury story. It exudes the magical realism that is such a big component of his fiction and is visually evocative. I pull it out every summer and pick it up at random times and just thumb through it. I think it's the best thing he's ever written. I'm so glad you enjoyed it as well.

[This message has been edited by redjellydonut (edited 08-10-2004).]

Posts: 17 | Registered: 05 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post