Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Remember short stories

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remember short stories
 Login/Join

posted
I am looking the name of the book that has short stories. One of the shorts was about a little girl who drowned on lake Erie (??) and her friend came back when he was an adult and he found foot prints that came out of the surf and a partially built sand castle.
Another of the shorts was about a creature whos colour was beyond the normal spectrum and to people it appeared invisable.

Any idea?

"Reading made Don Quixote a gentleman, but believing<br />what he read made him mad." -- George Bernard Shaw<br /><br />John: I hate it when villains quote Shakespeare.

Posts: 2 | Location: Saint Cloud, FL | Registered: 29 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The first one is "The Lake," by Ray Bradbury, and the second one could have appeared in an anthology with "The Lake," as Bradbury's work has been anthologized hundreds of times. The idea is similar to the invisibility premise used in H. G. Wells's "The Invisible Man."

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you. That is the one. Funny how a story that you read when you were little stays with you.

"Reading made Don Quixote a gentleman, but believing<br />what he read made him mad." -- George Bernard Shaw<br /><br />John: I hate it when villains quote Shakespeare.

Posts: 2 | Location: Saint Cloud, FL | Registered: 29 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post