Ray Bradbury Forums
All About Sam Weller's New Biography on Ray Bradbury

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6891083901/m/7901041111

02 February 2007, 02:46 AM
philnic
All About Sam Weller's New Biography on Ray Bradbury
So internet real estate increases in value just like REAL real estate!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter
09 April 2007, 11:58 PM
Nard Kordell
Supposedly
somewhere to
be found
on this website
noted below
is
a recent
interview with
Sam Weller.
If you find it,
please let the
rest of us
know just where
one can find the
darn thing!
www.kaxe.org
10 April 2007, 09:10 AM
philnic
Nard, here is the darn thing you've been looking for:

http://www.kaxe.org/bookclub/RGArchive.htm

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter
18 April 2007, 07:01 PM
Nard Kordell
philnic:
PHIL, belated Thanks for the location of the link. Will be listening to these, especially what Sam Weller had to say couple weeks ago.

Looks like Ray wants to go to New York to pick up his Award from the Pulitzer commitee. WHAT A GREAT EVENT!! More...MORE!! biographical material for Sam and a new, e-x-p-a-n-d-e-d edition of his biography on Ray.
23 April 2007, 09:36 AM
embroiderer
Thanks, philnic. That link of Sam Weller discussions is marvelous. Thanks!
24 April 2007, 01:50 AM
philnic
Your welcome. I confess that I haven't listened to it myself, yet. No time!

- Phil

06 July 2007, 11:05 AM
Nard Kordell
Late news from Sam Weller's website (March)...but what's with the new Bradbury book with Paris (France) in the title?
http://www.bradburychronicles.com/news.htm
06 July 2007, 07:45 PM
Jim Adams
Maybe it's from the line in "Casablanca," when Bogart says "We'll always have Paris."
06 July 2007, 10:25 PM
Nard Kordell
Undoubtedly that's it!!
19 February 2008, 03:14 PM
Salamander
Where can I write Sam Weller? It seems he doesn't answer from his blog page or his schedule site.
19 February 2008, 06:06 PM
Nard Kordell
I had something important to discuss with Sam, and called him at his office at Columbia College last week...but no answer back. I guess he'll eventually hear all about it later when he doesn't have a chance to respond.

Sam, in other words, isn't easy to locate unless you know where he's speaking and get yourself over there!
17 April 2009, 09:08 PM
Nard Kordell
Met Sam Weller in Los Angeles couple weeks ago and asked him about his new projects. He has a new book of interviews he has done with Bradbury, in fact, all the interviews he has ever done with Ray Bradbury will be in this book, set for publication in 2010. No title yet. But then I didn't ask him if there was a working title. Shucks!

Currently re-reading Hail and Farewell, a story gem!
18 April 2009, 08:29 AM
philnic
Hail and Farewell is terrific! It could be RB's response to Peter Pan.

For extra credit, name another Bradbury story with a link to Peter Pan.

- Phil

19 April 2009, 01:15 AM
tinkerbell
The Veldt?
20 April 2009, 11:46 AM
philnic
Correct! And for extra EXTRA credit, state your reasons for your answer!

- Phil