Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    THE DARK YEARS: Ray's unwritten novel

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

THE DARK YEARS: Ray's unwritten novel
 Login/Join

posted
Hello, all.

It's hard to believe that I've been (mainly) lurking on these forums for so long! At any rate, I have in my hands the latest issue of The New Ray Bradbury Review, which contains Ray's seven-paragraph prose outline of what sounds like an incredible dystopian story: The Dark Years. I wish I could read Ray's future-fiction tale of the Great Assassin and the Mona Lisa.

Perhaps one day I shall write it. Anyway, I hope you're all enjoying the Bradbury journal as much as I am, and that you're all busy writing, so as not to be dead.

Posts: 75 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lance, great to see you on the site! 01' ~ Many year have passed, but the topics here remain informative and "lively"!

I have Profs. Eller and Touponce's: Reviews Vol. 3 & 4, along with Becoming RB and Collected Stories (Critical Edition. Vol 1) - these from a visit to IUPUI last summer. What a trove of RB treasures remains to be discovered here! https://www.iupui.edu/%7Ebradb...eneral-announcements

The references and lead-ins offered in the works of these two scholarly gentlemen are enlightening. Reading Mr. Bradbury's initial outlines and sketches of ideas reveals just how (amazingly) filled each day of his creative life truly was!

Posts: 2804 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post