Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Martian Chron.

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Martian Chron.
 Login/Join

posted
I AM CURRENTLY REREADING MART. CHRON. AT AGE 37, AND AM ENJOYING EVEN MORE THAN I DID AT 17.
IT IS HIS MASTERPIECE, THOUGH THAT IS ALMOST CLICHE'D. OCTOBER COUNTRY IS MY FAVORITE FOR ALL THE DARK/SPOOKY REASONS...GOD BLESS YOU RAY FOR YEARS OF ENJOYMENT...BRET MCCORD, FRANKSVILLE ,WI (30 MILES EAST OF "THE LAKE").

Posts: 1 | Registered: 10 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Once again, I find myself concurring.

Mr B is annoyed at Universal now, as there are seventeen (at last count) scripts on The Martian Chronicles over there at the studio!

"Just shoot the damn book", he says! On a recent visit, he said "we'll colonize Mars before the (blank-blank) film gets made!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just did the same thing, about a couple of months ago I re-read The Martian Chronicles. It was the first time in 20+ years. This was actually the first Bradbury book I ever read back in middle school. This was the book that hooked me. And it was still as wonderful as when I read it as a kid.

Posts: 81 | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post