Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Help me please
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help me please
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
...this was actually the story most mistaken as being by him. He was less than pleased.

"Harrison Bergeron" is misprinted as being Ray Bradbury's work in several editions of the most commonly used American Literature textbook published throughout the eighties and nineties. This might be why the short story is mistaken for Bradbury's so often!

Posts: 1 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 28 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Eep, op, ork, ah, ah!!" ...when cartoons were clever, culturally ironic, and actually entertaining for kids.

Today, it's all crazed characterizations, angry-schizoid antagonists, and bizarre plots - from who knows where! Hmm, maybe now thay have become "culturally reflective."

"Right, Rorge"

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjp451,

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Somewhere something went wrong, and cartoons of entertainment were doomed by confused parents. The censorship of violence really doesn't change much. If you stop to think, violence is getting worse.

Posts: 10 | Location: an evil rabbits mouth | Registered: 25 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is "All Summer In A Day" by Bradbury?

Posts: 10 | Location: an evil rabbits mouth | Registered: 25 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ninja99:
Is "All Summer In A Day" by Bradbury?

Yes.

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
good, I heard that it wasn't.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dml_4122:
quote:
...this was actually the story most mistaken as being by him. He was less than pleased.

"Harrison Bergeron" is misprinted as being Ray Bradbury's work in several editions of the most commonly used American Literature textbook published throughout the eighties and nineties. This might be why the short story is mistaken for Bradbury's so often!

Hmmm, now I wonder how Vonnegut felt about THAT!

Posts: 7302 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ninja99:
Somewhere something went wrong, and cartoons of entertainment were doomed by confused parents. The censorship of violence really doesn't change much. If you stop to think, violence is getting worse.

YES! Violence is getting worse. It's even 'hit' the food we eat.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=e-yldqNkGfo

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post