Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Halloween Tree
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Halloween Tree
 Login/Join

posted
My favorite book and movie is The Halloween Tree. It is Greeeeeeaaaaaaaatttttt

Posts: 20 | Registered: 10 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moundshroud, you would say that. After all, you're in it!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Correct!

posted Hide Post
Your from United Kingdom? Wow! Is there a lot of ice hockey over there. do you play. I play in Texas. which is in the U.S.A which you probably already know that.

posted Hide Post
I just watched the movie again ib preparation for the holiday last week!

And I posted pics of an actual Halloween Tree I put up in my yard last year. Check back for more soon after this year's Halloween!

Free sci-fi mag online at:thelordshen.com

Posts: 178 | Location: Currently Flint, MI | Registered: 28 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They have ice hockey in Texas?

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the Halloween Tree movie, I watch it every year. I wonder why it is not on DVD yet, it is such a classic.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Carapace Clavicle Moundshroud:
Your from United Kingdom? Wow! Is there a lot of ice hockey over there.

Not that I know of. There's quite a bit of 'real' hockey, played without any helmets or body armour, resulting in lots of bruising and missing teeth.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What do you mean? Do they have hockey in Texas? Helloooooo! What about the team that used to be the Minnesota North Stars and then moved to, I believe Dallas, and are called, I also believe, the Dallas North Stars.

Hockey is definately a northern sport, the move of the Minnesota North Stars was all about money, or the lack thereof. Then they blew up the Met Center and built the Mall of America (They also tore down the old stadium where the Vikings and Twins played.)

The Mall of America is quite awesome. 365 plus stores on four levels, a seven acre theme park in the center, Camp Snoopy, restaurants and the whole nine yards.

There is not a better place to be in the middle of a Minnesota winter when the wind chill is about minus 38 degrees. All warm and snug in the Mall of America or the Mega Mall as some refer to it.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ice hockey in Texas? Why not? There's even skiing in Dubai:
http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_dubai_ski_resort.htm
(First site I found, but I know there are better ones.)

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phi's inspiration (via a recent exchange) got me fired up to complete our annual Halloween Tree. The scruffs (not so "scruffy" any more at 17 & 15 - yikes!) and I think it may be the best H. T. ever. Orange stringer lights, a line of illuminated jack-o'-lanterns, and a collection of recently harvested miniature pumpkins, hung strategically to finish off the display. This all set amidst the changing/falling leaves of a front lawn oak tree.

Thanks, Mr. Bradbury!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't suppose we could see a picture of it?

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My attaching skills here are limited to web addresses. Though I have tried in the past, getting pics on board has not been a strong point. Any advice!?

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
fjp, when you reply to a post, immediately underneath the box you type into is a link which says "Add Attachment?"

Click on this and you will then be invited to browse for a file on your computer.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
The "Albert Brock" in me has taken over. The consternation has something to do with the previous "fjp" and a long ago computer site - the RB Site prefers - from which I clicked and tapped during my chalkboard days. (That's is an archaic allusion!)

Just close the cell door, and let me have my peace and quiet!!