Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    only read one book....

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

only read one book....
 Login/Join

posted
the martian cholalion or however you spell it. is any of you published writers? i just got 2 poems of mine published.

singer

Posts: 2 | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In what - the Primary Reader?

Cheers, Translator

Lem Reader

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Be nice, Translator, Not everyone is multilingual like you.
Cheers, Groon

singer_en2
I do believe there are a few published writers around here. Tell us about your poems? Where and how did they get published? How can we read them?

Posts: 411 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will, if the person takes the time to spell the name of the book correctly (that is just common courtesy).

Cheers, Translator

Lem Reader

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or even makes an attempt at the correct word. I believe the word he was looking for is chronicles and while he came close to neither, what he wrote seems to be an attempt at the word coalition

<A HREF="http://bradthegreat.blogspot.com/<br /><br /><br />Yo," TARGET=_blank>http://bradthegreat.blogspot.com/<br /><br /><br />Yo,</A> check out my site... It's Bitchin

Posts: 99 | Location: LaPorte, Indiana, United States of America | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Martian Coalation . . . Mmmm, I like the sound of that. Now to develop it into a story - ideas, anyone?

Posts: 149 | Location: Ostend, Belgium | Registered: 11 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
lol, yes... This sounds like it could be an interesting story. I'll leave this one to you though. Or perhaps, The Martian Militia

[This message has been edited by John Galt (edited 07-24-2004).]

<A HREF="http://bradthegreat.blogspot.com/<br /><br /><br />Yo," TARGET=_blank>http://bradthegreat.blogspot.com/<br /><br /><br />Yo,</A> check out my site... It's Bitchin

Posts: 99 | Location: LaPorte, Indiana, United States of America | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
maybe "Mars Attacks"...damn...already copyrighted...

Cheers, Translator

Lem Reader

posted Hide Post
Translator,

Hey, man! Don't you know that titles can't be copyrighted! We can choose to use that title if we want to and no one can stop us! Whoever used that title first should be honored that we paid homage to them in the first place! The should feel honored to be associated with a great, visionary work of art like ours, man! And anyone who disagrees with that can go -

Whoops. Sorry 'bout that. Guess I was temporarily channelling Moore supporters.

Best,

Pete

Posts: 547 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As usual, you miss the point of the debate. This has been debated many times before. If I don;t agree with you, it means I am wrong. Please argue the topics, not the straw-man arguments.

---Guess who...

Cheers, Translator

Lem Reader

posted Hide Post
I think only a 'space' needed but wasn't present in the ''singer _en2'' posting above. Obviously it was:

''the martian chola lion''

Some sort of lion, chola variety, found on mars. Sounds like a multi-cultural sci-fi story...

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or, Cholal Ion, a highly unstable nuclear particle found only on Mars's (Mars'?) surface.

Cheers, Translator

Lem Reader

posted Hide Post
I can't even follow this thread.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Martian cholera? An outbreak of some kind of Martian disease? (Actually, I may have had it as a youth and am now immune to it.)

Best,

Pete

P.S.

Mr. Dark: Don't worry about following it. Just go with the flow.

Pete

Posts: 547 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There was this Doctor Somethingorother on the Mark & Brian radio show this morning (95.5 KLOS) talking about how these two different alien races are joining forces to overthrow the earth, and that on Sept. 29th 2004 they are going to attack, using their technology to cause tremendous seismic disturbances, wiping out human civilization through massive earthquakes and volcanoes. I tried searching for it on google, but couldn't come up with anything. This guy was totally serious though. Unfortunately I didn't bother to listen to the whole thing.

Posts: 411 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post