Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Zero Hour"
 Login/Join

posted
Does any one know what bok can one finf the story "Zero Hour"?
I would like to if anyone has heard the "X-1" radio Play and your thoughts on it.

Thanks

Posts: 13 | Registered: 10 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Zero Hour can be found in these books:

Bradbury Stories: 100 of His Most Celebrated Tales
S is for Space
The Illustrated Man

Whenever you want to find a particular short story in a Bradbury book, head over to my website and look in the "Ray Bradbury Story Finder".

I have heard the X Minus One adaptation, and think it works quite well. However, it sort of eliminates some of the background science-fictional elements which help make the original short story seem more plausible (in a willing-suspension-of-disbelief manner).

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome! And may I call you T?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can call him "T" or you can call him "T743." Or you can call him "T743441544." Just don't call him "Mr. T743441544!"

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mister T743441544 was his father.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thank you one & all fro the warm welcome. The name is an old "Compuserve" name and it has served my family well. Just ask my sisters, J743441544 and W743441544

posted Hide Post
By the way, Is everyone here from the UK? Since I am an American, I hope the warm welcome holds.

posted Hide Post
Welcome from a fellow American!
Only a few Brits on board here actually.
Good ones, though!

(Believe me, too, Americans aren't as universally despised as the media would have us believe!)

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T743441544:
By the way, Is everyone here from the UK?

No, we only talk like it.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T743441544:
Just ask my sisters, J743441544 and W743441544

You're funny for an American!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:

(Believe me, too, Americans aren't as universally despised as the media would have us believe!)

I recently read an article in which statistical evidence proved your point. I can't remember where it was featured, though.

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
...Only a few Brits on board here actually.
Good ones, though!

And a few pesky ones...

Welcome, T743441544.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Phil - I resemble that remark!

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was referring to myself! (And then exagerrating the extent of myself by using a plural term!)

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Phil, what a diatribe!

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post