Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    What is the last Ray Bradbury book you read?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is the last Ray Bradbury book you read?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Do it; an attachment is good enough!

(If it's a photo on the web somewhere, just click on the little "picture" button in the posting window. Or if it's a photo/file on your own computer, an attachment is the way to go.)

I couldn't get the url in the little box...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:I couldn't get the url in the little box...

It may not all show but it should all fit in the "Img" box (button above text box.) I don't know how to reduce a url and I post pictures here all the time.

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, I finished reading One More for the Road on Saturday, July 30. Up until the title story I almost lost the will to live, but then the book started to improve and turned out to be a pretty good collection. That last story was too cute! Did anyone else notice the number of characters named William in this collection and a higher than usual proportion of stories told in first person?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dandelion,

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought "Tangerine" was the best story in that book.

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Okay, I finished reading One More for the Road on Saturday, July 30.

For 4E!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, I started Farewell Summer not knowing what to expect. It took me at least seven years to get through the last book and on this one I read 75 pages in one day! This is an almost unheard-of amount. Within recent memory, five pages a day of a book I am reading to myself, not an audiobook, is a huge big deal!

I aim to finish it on his birthday and will report how that goes.

posted Hide Post
quote:
...It took me at least seven years to get through the last book...

You'll never keep up with Bradbury at that rate!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bullet Trick

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
quote:
...It took me at least seven years to get through the last book...

You'll never keep up with Bradbury at that rate!

Not if he can write a thousand words a day and I don't read that many. I remain alarmingly and appallingly behind on several favorite authors.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I remain alarmingly and appallingly behind on several favorite authors.

Appalling! And alarming!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Just re-read The Martian Chronicles, then went through the graphic novel

Posts: 1 | Registered: 19 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jerkybill2:
Just re-read The Martian Chronicles, then went through the graphic novel

I'm reading the graphic novel right now, as well.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Finished reading Farewell Summer on Ray's birthday. A worthy sequel to the greatest book ever achieved by one human being without direct divine intervention. It could have done with more careful editing. Detailed description here: http://forums.abebooks.com/abe...ssages?msg=25262.850

<Carol Pat>
posted
I completed 'MARTIAN CHRONICLES' also 'THE ILLUSTRATED MAN'.What ever books I had read till now I think 'THE ILLUSTRATED MAN' is the best for me among all.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dandelion,

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
akayla garcia, is the ILLUSTRATED MAN even better than roller blinds?

Posts: 2459 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post