Ray Bradbury Forums
What is the last Ray Bradbury book you read?

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6891083901/m/7637029695

19 February 2011, 12:31 PM
Martian (Ruth S. Hare)
What is the last Ray Bradbury book you read?
What is the last book by Mr Ray Bradbury that you have read? Or, if you are currently reading one, which is it? What about it do you like most?

I am reading 'R is for Rocket' currently, for the first time in over five years, and I am enjoying the title story very much.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Martian (Ruth S. Hare),

___________________________________________________________________________________
"The key word is love... get up in the morning and write something you love, something to live for!”
19 February 2011, 02:25 PM
philnic
I'm back on MARTIAN CHRONICLES for the umpteenth time.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter
19 February 2011, 07:28 PM
fjp451
"Umpteenth" is a good word!!

Dandelion Wine, approximately 35 (randomly selected) short stories, and most of Zen in the Art of Writing.

(DW because we just did a major project for Mr. B and hope to send as a present in the coming days. So, DS...if you get to visit with him, maybe you might ask about the kids' artwork to him!)
19 February 2011, 11:19 PM
Doug Spaulding
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
So, DS...if you get to visit with him, maybe you might ask about the kids' artwork to him!

I shall do!

"Live Forever!"
14 May 2011, 11:00 AM
rockadelic

"Once a Ray Bradbury fan, always a Ray Bradbury fan!"Smiler
17 May 2011, 11:07 PM
Anny
I just finish reading his "The Martian Chronicles" one of the most widely read science fiction novels.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dandelion,
18 May 2011, 04:09 AM
marina
"THE ILLUSTRATED MAN", this book was, is and will be the best

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dandelion,
18 May 2011, 08:05 AM
Doug Spaulding
The Kiwi spammers are about!

"Live Forever!"
18 May 2011, 08:20 AM
philnic
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:

Yes, what a remarkable coincidence that we should have TWO new board members from Ridgefield, CT, who BOTH happen to link to commercial New Zealandish websites in their signatures.

Anny, meet marina; marina, meet Anny. What's that? Oh, you've already met. Small world.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter
18 May 2011, 11:15 AM
rockadelic
Ray's debut (1947)....the umpteenth reprintSmiler

By blackglove at 2011-05-18

"Once a Ray Bradbury fan, always a Ray Bradbury fan!"Smiler
19 May 2011, 06:54 AM
Doug Spaulding
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:

Yes, what a remarkable coincidence that we should have TWO new board members from Ridgefield, CT, who BOTH happen to link to commercial New Zealandish websites in their signatures.

Anny, meet marina; marina, meet Anny. What's that? Oh, you've already met. Small world.

NZ's a small country!

Zealandish is a good word.

"Live Forever!"
19 May 2011, 12:42 PM
philnic
Not to be confused with LEW Zealand!

- Phil

19 May 2011, 06:20 PM
Doug Spaulding
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Not to be confused with LEW Zealand!

In my presence, an Ackerman fan once spoke the term "New Zealand" to 4E. He replied "New Zealand?! - I didn't realize there was an old Zealand!"

"Live Forever!"
05 June 2011, 10:25 PM
Mr. Dark
Reading "Mask" and "Pleasure to Burn". I have been reading excerpts from "Yestermorrow," also.
06 June 2011, 08:20 PM
Braling II
Mr. Dark! I haven't seen you here for some time.
Some good news at last!