Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Martian Chronicles
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Martian Chronicles
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Banana one:
I just bought a copy of The Martian Chronicles
today , I happend to see it in a bookstore.
I love the movie so much I wanted to read it. Big Grin

You loved the miniseries!? Even Bradbury himself said it was boring, and I much agree! Having said that, you're gonna be in literary heaven when you read the book. I think it's the best fiction I've ever read.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the welcome Braling II, I finally
found what I was looking for I googled it,
after I bought the books Martian Chronicles and
Dandelion Wine . The answer was under my nose all the time . there is a Ray Bradbury in every generation comes along. Cool

Posts: 9 | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah the movie was some what boring , but then
they have advancement in CGI studio like now.
The book way more advanced than film making technology. So I think I will enjoy the book. Smiler

posted Hide Post
Banana One, if you are referring to the television production of Martian Chronicles, Ray has said on several occasions, once with me when I lasted visited him in 1996, that he wasn't happy with it and that he would like to see a movie version of it, but done properly.

Apparently Ray lost some control over the television production or I think he would have seen that it was done differently.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's kind of what I was thinking a remake .
Do you know if its on video the Martian Chronicles , I would love to get a copy of it.
Cool

posted Hide Post
Mr. Bradbury mentioned that NASA had invited him to a symposium planned to update the status of the Mars missions and their recent scientific findings. Anyone have any further information on this?

I would expect this to be of especially "keen interest":
http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20070521/sc_space/nasarov...nceformarswaterypast

A telling quote! NASA said in a statement, "The latest discovery adds compelling new evidence for ancient conditions that might have been favorable for life."

OK. What kind of "high resolution" pictures might not have been released to the public as of yet? (This is Great Stuff!)

[Mount Bradbury in Green Town, Mars really should be the first official locations mapped in anticipation for that first human step on the Red Planet.]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjp451,

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...and yet again! What an appropriate 87-88th year gift to Mr. B when the new data arrives in May from Phoenix mission:
http://news.aol.com/story/ar/_a/signs-of-life-found-in-...id=NWS00010000000001

"Hey, NASA! Martian Chronicles, just read the book."

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The miniseries was amusing, it had its moments, but the book is VASTLY superior. A new movie would be nice, but the problem with the old one wasn't that they didn't have CGI back then!

Posts: 554 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
fjp451:

Living near the Pacific ocean, I'm able to go outside when it's dark enough to look into the vastness of space with the trillions of stars... and wonder a few minutes at the depth and breath at what I am looking. The present moment of staring at the universe occasionally surrounds my heart and spirit with a sense of awe. Then, carefully...very carefully, I lower my eyes and settle them on the scene before me: a few city lights, some buildings, the ocean, people at play. And think to myself...if THIS be one of the worlds, what is out there beyond all of my heart and soul's understanding?

In some special moments, I am nearly overwhelmed with a striking of my heart awake with a realization of something I can only lightly tap at the window of knowing, myself a moth fluttering against the immense.

If this be one, just one of the worlds....!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard, Since my son's been attending USC he says he hardly ever sees stars anymore! (He grew up in the Santa Cruz mountains where there is no smog and very few lights at night.)

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Since my son's been attending USC he says he hardly ever sees stars anymore!

He should go up to Sunset Boulevard!

Go Bruins!

I'm only having sport with you - I'm actually a Gator from beautiful Gainesville.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug, you've lived in Florida????

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Banana one:
Do you know if its on video the Martian Chronicles, I would love to get a copy of it.

Touch here.

14.98$ for a boring mini-series, eh? I just bought it (it was 9.98$ a couple weeks ago) so I can get Ray to sign it on the weekend - it will be a nice collectible.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by biplane1:
Doug, you've lived in Florida????

Only for most of my life; in fact, was in the Palm Beach area from 2002-2005 with my job.

Now I'm on the beautiful Left Coast, I'll never go back east (although I do love Gainesville - especially this weekend. Go Gators! Beat the Vols!).

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Nard, Since my son's been attending USC he says he hardly ever sees stars anymore! (He grew up in the Santa Cruz mountains where there is no smog and very few lights at night.)

I'm about 4 miles from the ocean, and so the sky above that whole area is really dark. If I look towards the Los Angeles area, the sky is lit at night. I was over a friend's place the other day and they are high on a hill just 2 blocks from the ocean. I walked briefly down the street with him as he walked his dog and I looked at the sky that's above the ocean and WOW! An amazing sight. In Chicago, there is absolutely no place to see stars. Those goofy orange street lights, bright as all get-out, swarm the sky with banters of orange light that totally destroy any child's later memory of stars at night.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post