Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Another lost story

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another lost story
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

read it a long time ago in German translation: A rocket is landing on a planet. Something is influencing the astronauts by telepathy or taking over their personalities and in the end the men are taking a bomb or something back to Earth. The story is told from the alien's point of view. It says something like "How should I tell you what I am if I don't know myself?" It's not "The City" though the plot is alike. Does anyone know?

Thanks
Melpo

Posts: 2 | Registered: 06 July 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, Melpo.
The story may be Bradbury's "The One Who Waits" from the collection The Machineries of Joy.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sundance! How goes the trail!?

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much Braling II. I meant "The one who waits", but I got the ending wrong. I mixed it up with another story ...

Posts: 2 | Registered: 06 July 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post