Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    The Twilight Zone
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Twilight Zone
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone here enjoy the classic 59-64 anthology series? Rod Serling (The shows creator and head writer) was hugely influenced by Bradbury (Ever seen Walking Distance.) I Sing the Body Electric was adapted in 62, starring Josephine Hutcheson. Great show. If you, too enjoy it, visit www.thetzsite.com and visit the message board. Tell em' the Venusian sent ya.

Posts: 14 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's a book that I absolutely adore called California Sorcery, and it talks a bit about the group of writers that were involved in the Twilight Zone and other projects in 50's-60's California. It has stories by Bradbury, as well as the others. It opened up a lot of excellent writes to me, and fueled my growing book collection.

..and the children metallic in their beds.

Posts: 22 | Location: oregon | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
oh...and I'm nuts about the Twilight Zone....I don't know if I made that apparent.

Posts: 22 | Location: oregon | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It didn't get any better than this:
Walking Distance, Where Is Everybody?, Nightmare at 20,000 Feet, To Serve Man, Time Enough at Last, Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge, The Monsters are Due on Maple St., What You Need, Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up?, Mighty Casey, Escape Clause, I Sing the Body Electric, Eye of the Beholder (to name a few).

My advice to any young reader, stay up "just late enough" and read Poe, Bierce, Wells, Stevenson, Serling, Burroughs, and Bradbury. Then turn out the lights and wait for the sounds and shadows...
fp

[This message has been edited by fjpalumbo (edited 12-04-2001).]

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
visit www.thetzsite.com click on fanstuff, and go to talk board. We have a huge message board that averages 10 posts a day. They'd be glad to converse with you about TZ, Bradbury or life in general. Tell em' the Venusian sent ya!

Posts: 14 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
exscuse me,but is it just me,or does this PotHead guy wanted by anyone?not me. go somewhere else to swear and poke fun at someone as fantastic as Ray. YOU HEAR ME????WE DONT WANT SOMEONE HERE WHO WANTS TO SWEAR AND MAKE RAY BRADBURY'S BOOKS INTO FILTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!go have fun with your stupid pot somewehre else

* *Rain Walker * * *<br /> * * * * * * *

Posts: 22 | Location: Grand Haven USA | Registered: 15 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You know, I suggested the moderator might delete that one, but never heard back from anybody.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If anyone is truly interested in TZ . . . and not just pot . . . you might want to know that there is another upcoming website about the Twilight Zone that is going under some design changes right now. It is a VERY large and complex site, and is truly a fix for any TZ fan out there. I'll keep you updated!

Eric Burke

tzworld.com
-Your Source for Everything that is TZ-

"This is . . . the Twilight Zone."

[This message has been edited by TheSparrow (edited 12-17-2001).]

Eric Burke<br /><br />http://www.tzworld.com<br />- Your source for everything that is Twilight Zone - <br /><br />COMING THIS WINTER!!!

Posts: 2 | Location: Kansas City, MO, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is easy to use words with simple meaning,
and common usage. And to share them with who
ever can read. But when you try to bring someone as clear and consise with the use of the language as Mr Bradbury into such a blur of low slur, you are not only showing a lack of quality and depth of perception that you might need to stay sober to read out of your
own words. I suggest you read F-451 or any other of Mr. Bradbury's works, and think of the "zone" one can be in when imagination is brilliantly active and chemicals are not doing the talking. Find the "Machineries of Joy" without the canniboids ! There are many "twilight" moments we all can succumb too allow them to happen alone.
The classic authors will always linger like a taste of grit or gristle stuck in your teeth. Filling my mind with metaphors always tastes better in the morning, and leaves all my genes intact, so don't slander
the man who can provide the filling of a gaping need for compasion,and wonder. Allow him to beckon, and carress a fond or shivering memory in the middle of the night, and don't lie down with dogs when you can learn from the story master !!!

[This message has been edited by uncle (edited 12-18-2001).]

Posts: 248 | Location: Utah, U.S.A. | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
*Sniff,* that was beautiful, uncle, *sniff, sniff.*

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was watching the sci/fi channel, and they are having a Twilight Zone marathon starting
Dec 31 at 7:00 a.m. and they are running them
all day long. Check your cable listings for clarification. There should be some that include Ray Bradbury's teleplays.
Happy New Year

Posts: 248 | Location: Utah, U.S.A. | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd like to thank you very kindly for the heads-up on the Twilight Zone marathon. It's a beautiful thing.

posted Hide Post
Glad to be of assistance, I had to work so I missed the majority of the series, then I just plain got busy. I regret missing it...

posted Hide Post
The marathon was actually 44 hours, with 85 episode despite the fact that I've seen everey episode numerous times. I watched the whole thing. Pitiful ain't it?

posted Hide Post
More like Lucky! and Devoted, serves you right if you lost sleep!!!