Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Fahrenheit 451

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fahrenheit 451
 Login/Join

posted
Did it ever occur to anyone else that the Firemen were never called "firefighters", unlike today how they are either firemen or firefighters. Obviously its because they don't fight fire, but in the beginning of the book i noticed that they never said firefighters, and i was confused to as why not? It was until i figured out that their job was not to fight fire, but to rather burn books. I think that was a good hint that Bradbury gave to help readers to predict the book !

= ) Jamie

<3jamie`xo

Posts: 4 | Location: lemont illinois united states | Registered: 26 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good point Jamie. I never really thought of that before, but it seems really true. The firemen were called firemen all the time and not firefighters because they didn't fight the fires!

Posts: 4 | Location: IL, U.S.A. | Registered: 26 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post