Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    My very first post here (and I have a question...)

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My very first post here (and I have a question...)
 Login/Join

posted
Hello, ALL.

It is an honor to be here.

Somewhere around my fifteen years, I read a short story in Playboy (who told you we don't read ALL Playboy? Even when we are 15-y-o?) which I am not certain to be penned by Ray.

It is about our society in a time where money was completely substituted by a "time currency", so if you come into a bar and ask for a soda, you would have to press your hand over a plate and have it charged in terms of minutes of life: a soda would be 1 minute, a whiskey, maybe 10, and I cannot imagine how badly they would charge me for a Mac... Smiler

Anyway, another tip to the story includes the pressing the earlobe to find out what is left of "money" (or time) in your account.

I think I've given enough clues to the story, but even Google is unable to bring this one up.

So, I humbly ask: does anyone here read Playboy back in the 70's? Smiler

Thanks! And it is an honor to be around here.

Hugs from Rio,

Claudio

Posts: 1 | Location: Rio De Janeiro/Brazil | Registered: 19 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ClaudiB:
...a whiskey, maybe 10, and I cannot imagine how badly they would charge me for a Mac... Smiler

Dang! I'm glad I don't drink!

I have about twenty (around half are signed) PLAYBOY magazines from 1960-1996 with Ray stories, but can't recollect this one right off. Perhaps I just don't have this issue. But it doesn't really sound like his type of story, either. Maybe I'm wrong.

- Typed on my Mac Smiler

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum.

98% not Bradbury.

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post