Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My own 451
 Login/Join

posted
I was brought to tears during high school. I got started readin Ray's stuff when I got a pile of papers that had a bunch of his short stories. They included many of the stories that made it into the Ray Bradbury Theater that was on TV a few years back. Actually those stories kick started my apathetic attitude towards reading into a love of reading. But there was a fire in the house and not much was ruined but my pile of stories got trashed. I remember when they came on tv I pulled out my stories and went right along with them. One that especially stuck in my mind was the one where Drew Berrymore was looking for that woman buried alive (I've always had a thing for Drew anyhow). I've gotten the bug again recently when I got a lot-pile of his books off ebay, and looking for more. I wanna ask you though does the big guy ever drop in here and grace us with a jem now and then? I'm new to the board so haven't viewed many of the messages yet.

Bill "Elmer F.U.D." Gates says: "Be veh-we veh-we quiet. I'm hunting PENGUINS! HUHUHUHUHUHUHUHUHUH!"

Posts: 2 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 15 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He is aware of the existence of the message board but never looks at it.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some have printed out sections and given them to him, which he has read. Sam Weller posts occasionally -- Sam is his official biographer with his biography coming out next year. FH451 posts occasionally, also. This is Ray's good friend and his driver and almost constant companion. Some others out here have known Ray for years and are in pretty frequent contact with him.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Drew Barrymore episode you are refering to is "The Screaming Woman," one of my favorite stories and episodes, too. I usually show that video to my classes (7th grade) around Halloween, and they love it too. It also was made into a made-for-tv movie many years ago starring Olivia DeHavilland (sp?), so a couple years back I went on a quest for it. It hasn't been made into a video or dvd, so it was almost impossible to find. The copy I eventually got is such poor quality, it's almost impossible to follow in spots. So I think I'll start looking for another copy this summer. I love to collect all things Ray, as do many people on this board. My other dream item is a copy of Dark Carnival. I know they are available, but so far they are out of the reach of this school teacher's budget. I live in hope of stumbling across a copy in a used book store, but I know that's a pipe dream.

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post