Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    STORY ABOUT THE THIRD LEVEL

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

STORY ABOUT THE THIRD LEVEL
 Login/Join

posted
I'm looking for what I believe is a Ray Bradbury story, about a train station (maybe Grand Central Station?) with a platform that takes the protagaonist back in time, however briefly. My son just gave me a book of Bradbury stories, and I didn't see it in there. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike
Springfield VA
quinnm@bah.com

Posts: 3 | Location: Springfield VA USA | Registered: 26 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The short story you are looking for is called "The Third Level". It was written by Jack Finney, who also wrote the classic time-travel novel, TIME AND AGAIN.

[This message has been edited by Richard (edited 12-26-2004).]

Posts: 369 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks; any idea where I might find it?

Posts: 3 | Location: Springfield VA USA | Registered: 26 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go to the Advanced Book Exchange (ABE), and type in a search using Jack Finney as the author and THE THIRD LEVEL as your book title. I just did, and found a variety of used hardcovers and paperbacks containing the story. The following link will take you to ABE:

http://www.abeboooks.com

Posts: 369 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post