Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Most DANGEROUS Motion Pictures Ever
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Most DANGEROUS Motion Pictures Ever
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
"...Charming boy. What a delightful boy!"

It's a pleasure to talk to him.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's hard for me to even read descriptions of many films which have come out in the last thirty years or more. Naturally, I don't see many of them.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm away from the board for a day, return to find a single new thread has ballooned to four pages in a day, get excited to see it's about films...

And get disappointed to see that, despite the thread title, it's NOTHING to do with nitrate. Now those were TRULY dangerous motion pictures.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm away from the board for one day, and just look what I've missed!

Please don't fuss over me.

Tomorrow I'm going to Mickey Mouse Land. Be gone all day. Behave whilst I'm gone.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Eeker QUICK! Somebody warn Mickey! Eeker

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You got that right!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, don't mouse around!

I've sometimes wondered if Disney films should come with a warning disclaimer. My sister's kids have watched "Sleeping Beauty" and "Cinderella" so many times their perceptions of reality are probably permanently warped.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Strange company... then they hire Eddie Murphy to update their image and start including obligatory farts and belchs in every animated feature.

Where's the missing footage of Gus-Gus passing gas?

================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Today is Tuesday, you know what that means-
we're gonna have a special guest!"

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
My sister's kids have watched "Sleeping Beauty" and "Cinderella" so many times their perceptions of reality are probably permanently warped.

Lucky them!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Probably the most dangerous motion picture is any that gets someone killed. For instance, if kids think they can really drive like in "The Dukes of Hazzard." Discovery Channel's "Mythbusters" tested this one. The guys estimated how far the car flew in the movie. They recreated it and found, to their surprise, that their car made the jump within a very short amount of the estimated distance. I believe it was even drivable, after a fashion--pretty badly damaged and not in the shape of the movie car. It was, however, remote controlled. They found that no driver could possibly survive such a jump in condition to drive away. A stunt driver who jumped a similar distance, presumably with proper safety equipment, was rushed straight from the scene to the hospital.

There's a saying "Hollywood will get you killed." I don't know what goes into military training, but a lot must be just in teaching new recruits NOT to do any number of things they may have seen in movies, which would result in certain death!

posted Hide Post
"Today is a day that is filled with surprises,
Nobody knows what's gonna happen..."

posted Hide Post
My last 2 posts here are Disney-related, in case anyone was wondering.

As to Dangerous Movies, though (and tying in to "Why" on another thread), what about video games? How many "murders" do players of these things "commit" just to progress through the game? Seems like the only way to progress is by shooting, stabbing, or at least jumping on whatever creature one meets!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
...what about video games?

Yeah - who saw the video game the kid was playing in the movie Inside Man?

Mighty violent.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Most of everything you see today has been around in some form of the arts as long ago as the arts have been around. What's far different today? So much of the immoral or decadent in the arts has been removed from the closets of society to the forefront, and has become persuasive into the culture as a whole.

The old example of a frog in a pot of cold water, with the stove turned on low, eventually gets cooked, never quite knows that it's far hotter now then before because he has slowly become acclimatized to the temperature rise.
Fatal, of course.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post