Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Most DANGEROUS Motion Pictures Ever
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Most DANGEROUS Motion Pictures Ever
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I think it was I who digressed and not you.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As Tiny Anakin would say, "May the force be with us, everyone!"

We don't want to scare off our new friends, do we? They've spent eons searching for us, finally found us, and we get all weird on them???.

Let's remember in whose sandbox we're playing here, folks. No more conflagrations.

================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Charming boy. What a delightful boy!

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
rocket, I'm as serious as hell. No sarcasm here. When someone like Doug Spaulding treats Jesus like he's some American culture contemporary kid down the street, I have to edge him on and see what the blazes is he up to. You don't take Christ and make a taffy pull out of him,. You don't say Passion of the Christ is a danger to Christianity and then remain silent afterwards. I can go scriptural verse by verse, head to head, with Spaulding. Should I take your Religion 101 Forum topic as being sarcastic?

grasstains, yes we're playing in the sandbox of Harper/Collins Publishers. Bradbury wouldn't stand for any of this.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bradbury wouldn't stand for any of this.

Then stop, just stop. You are becoming problematic.

================================================

"I don't know anything."

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil, that Religion 101 post is not sarcasm, not totally sure what it is but I was not being sarcastic when I started it. Read further into it. As for Doug, I doubt very seriously that you are going to change anything he does or get him to elaborate on anything he does not wish to. I suggest that in the spirit of this board, you set back, relax, and dive in and have fun. We do all welcome you here and your point of view is important. What isn't welcome here is tirades against someone who doesn't answer a question the way that you see fit. Just let it go.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil Knox, isn't the term to "egg" a person on? Upon checking my Webster's II New Riverside Dictionary it states in regard to "egg," to urge or incite to action as in "Some onlookers egged the fighters on.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been stopping by occasionally, reading the posts, and ducking out. But I must duck back in and briefly make my say. I see the point Phil Knox is making. I'll have to side with him. I don't see him egging on anyone as biplane is saying and others. He's problematic because a few feathers got rustled, and no one likes a fuss. But I've had some issues with what Doug Spaulding has to say, exclusively about religion. Surprise, surprise, there are other Christian believers on this board amongst the mostly liberal media folk here. Bradbury gets along by trying to please everyone. Ultimately, I said ultimately, that's fatal.

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, first of all embroiderer, have you read Phil Knox's postings of late. They can only be catagorized as baiting in the least, and "egging" people on surely does apply here, flaming at the most in fact. I'm not the only one who can feel the seething anger rising from those postings. If your not getting the answers that you want, then let it go and move on. It has less to do with religion and more to do with common courtesy and decency.

posted Hide Post
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There I was...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted Hide Post
Nice to have at least one friend here. Oh, yes, the topic of this forum, dangerous films. Here's two from this year's Sundance Festival, headed up by Robert Redford: Hounddog, with a nothing left to the imagination in the rape scene of 12 yr old Dakota Fanning. The rapist gets away and the victim never discusses the rape. Interesting that Dakota's agent that first discovered her, described her family as Christian. The other film, Zoo, about sex with a man with a horse. The director, Robinson Devon, said he has been very bothered by people questioning his work. He said he thought freedom of expression in the arts was permissable. And film critic, Kenneth Turna, described the Zoo film as a strangely beautiful film.

There you go. What's next? Wake up everyone! Oh, yea, Pepsi and Delta airlines are some of the sponsors of Sundance.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil, I hope that you understand that I do not dislike you. Regarding that film, I heard talk at work that the scene in question was quite brutal. It must be a shock to go from Charlottes Web to that, or to see one then the other...

posted Hide Post
That critic name I posted is Kenneth Turan, for a correct spelling. Also, the agent that discovered Dakota Fanning that is mentioned in my above post, is Joy Pervis.

I have nothing against you, either, rocket. But I do with Doug Spaulding, who seems to be too slick for some of you out there, and who started this fracas by his reckless comments about Christianity. The thing is he is no dummy. He's educated in scripture. But liberal beyond sensible bounds.

posted Hide Post
Fair enough, Phil. I've said my peace and I'm backing into the shadows once more....

posted Hide Post
I see this post became a roller coaster.
Yes, I heard of the Sundance films. Everything is media changing...a lot for the worse. Freedom of expression has been thrown to the winds and without boundaries; the next generation will be mired in incredible confusion. Absolutes have already been widely dismissed in many western cultures. This would have been unheard of just a few decades ago.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post