Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Most DANGEROUS Motion Pictures Ever
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Most DANGEROUS Motion Pictures Ever
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Michael Moore is a hack.

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Michael Moores and Al Gores of the world are needed to balance out the scales still heavily tilted by the Bill O'Rileys and Rush Limbaughs of the world. Not to mention... the Carl Roves, Dick Cheneys, George W. Bushes and Tony Blairs of the world who do much more than simply pose a threat of danger, but actually cause fear, and damage, and death under the ruse of preventing and combatting fear, and damage, and death, or even just the threat of all those things.

It all depends on how you squint.

================================================

"There's only two kinds of people in the world--those who say there's only two kinds of people in the world and those who don't."
-Ursula K. Le Guinn

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What I mean is... it is necessary for these leftwing documentaries to be in the theatres because the rightwing controlled television will never show these films. Think of these leftwing films as underground propoganda, one step up from placing leaflets on your windshield. It's difficult for them to even get their commercials on the air. That, is why we have them, why they exist. It is the best, most effective medium for them to reach an audience. And society is best served when both sides of a social/political issue are heard, regardless of whose lies we believe.

"There's only two kinds of people in the world--those who say there's only two kinds of people in the world and those who don't."
-Ursula K. Le Guinn

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hack is a good word!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Rightwing-controlled television"??? I think not! I don't think you've done your homework there, Grassy. (Check out Michael Medved's writings on this.) And I don't think you really believe we need a Hitler for every Mother Theresa for "balance"!
But, I think I understand your point.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup, rightwing controlled television. Do your own research.

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

posted Hide Post
quote:
And I don't think you really believe we need a Hitler for every Mother Theresa for "balance"!

"But, I think I understand your point."

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Then... why do you mention it? I do not understand YOUR point. Unless it is an attempt to make me look stupid. Please explain why you would write such a rediculous thing.

posted Hide Post
Forget it..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

posted Hide Post
Your Grassiousness, I responded to something you decided to post. Can't I disagree? Just a little? Please?

Having known personally folks who suffered under the Soviet, I tend to react (perhaps extremely and even "knee-jerk") when left wing "balance" is brought up, hence the "ridiculous" remark.

And I would never try to make you appear as anything other than a fellow Bradbury-appreciating, intelligent, caring human being.
After all, remember? It was just you and me haunting the Old Board there for awhile...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, both of you seperate now! Don't make me create a room to send you both to for a timeout equivalent to your ages. Grass, I don't think he was trying to make you appear stupid. Rein in your margins, rein in your margins. Remember, that it is easy to misconstrue peoples real meaning on here, let's keep it real, as in real nice. Politics and religion, sheesh, volatile subjects among the best of friends. I may just create that room after all, can you smell the blood as the lions feast and feel the hot dry sun as the vultures span an eyeblue cloudless sky?..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................!

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whoops! I didn't know you were posting when I wrote that. I'm backing slowly out of the room as the lions get closer...

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Say what?

posted Hide Post
I just meant that I posted as you were responding as well. It instantly struck me albeit belatedly that you both don't need me to respond for ya so I was slowly backing out of the room and minding my own business. I'm going to my padded panic room after I create it...

posted Hide Post
I wonder, if Moore had never made F911, would we all disagree on his being a hack?

Posts: 554 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Groonster, we don't all agree about him either way. I never liked him before the movie, based on what little I heard him say. He seemed to me to be a base opportunist, and of course, after the movie, a disrespectful opportunist.