Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Most DANGEROUS Motion Pictures Ever
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Most DANGEROUS Motion Pictures Ever
 Login/Join

posted

My Vote for the most dangerous recent movie:

Pleasantville

Why?: Because morality went out the window on this one in the guise of an artsy looking movie and good story line. Black and white movie depicting sad and solemn lives can turn the movie screen into hues and tones of a thousand colors by simply having sex.

I give this **** Four stars on the Dangerous Scale

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, it wasn't really recent, was it? 1998.

Perhaps my favourite film of that year, and the brilliant Don Knotts was brilliant!

The sex was a metaphor.

Dangerous times!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding, oh, this must be interesting. Sex was a metaphor? A metaphor for what?

Not recent? Ah, you must be under 35.

Dangerous movies way back when were any number of the gangster movies from the 1930's. Jimmy Cagney was often hit hard in the media for portraying ruthless killers and a being a bad influence on movie-going youngsters.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Knox:
Sex was a metaphor? A metaphor for what?

Being free and fulfilled within body, mind, and spirit - that's the point I took from the picture anyway.

quote:
Not recent? Ah, you must be under 35.

I wish! Well, I'm young at heart.

quote:
Dangerous movies...

The Passion of the Christ - now that was a dangerous movie!

Please be aware that I'm talking about movies here, not religion!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
See, I got sucked into this one. The Passion of the Christ was dangerous? To the Hollywood establishment?

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also, I have to say this. Your interpretation of sex as a mataphor is ludicrous. If that be the reasoning, then immorality in every aspect is that, including taking drugs. Cocaine highs are supposed to be very freeing and fulfilling within body, mind, and spirit, at least for five minutes or thereabouts. That includes painkillers. You seem to have forgotten the consequences to illicit sex, as did the movie itself.

posted Hide Post
Hollywood was baffled by Passion of the Christ. Jack Nicholson used to kid Mel Gibson about his friend Jesus, and making the boxoffice blockbuster. I agree> Dangerous to the Hollywood elite.

I also agree that movies in general fail to deal with the consequences of behaviours entrounced fully in self.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those JACKASS movies could be dangerous. Mimicing (sp?) Tom Greene's stupid stunts from FREDDIE GOT FINGERED could get one hurt. But who would do such a thing?

================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually, Waking Ned Devine was my favourite, then Pleasantville, then Babe: Pig in the City.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
You have not addressed the issue of the metaphors. Ah, are we hiding here?

posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding:

So answer the previous questions...

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Knox:
The Passion of the Christ was dangerous? To the Hollywood establishment?

No, it was good for Hollywood (financially). It was bad for Christianity.

Now that this thread had turned toward religion, per my previous agreement, I will no longer comment on the subject.

I thank you.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grasstains:
Those JACKASS movies could be dangerous.

Yeah - not to mention stupid!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grasstains:
But who would do such a thing?

Stupid people.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
You can't address the subject because you are trapped. Since when has the gospel become bad for Christianity? Passion was the gospel put to the screen. Perhaps you were thinking it was from some other source?