Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    can't remember the title

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

can't remember the title
 Login/Join

posted
I can't remember the title of a R. Bradbury short story I am looking for. The story line is that of workers in a Nuclear Power Plant, who are constantly monitored for psychological stability, and stress, to insure operational safety and predict problems before they occur. Also, a mathematical system for ensuring critical mass will not be reached...triggering dangerous chain reaction occurrence.....and a mistake in the equation's calculation is found.

If you know the name of this story.....please reply.....TNX

Posts: 1 | Location: Springs, NY, USA | Registered: 22 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This story is drawing a blank with me. I certainly don't remember it as any Bradbury stories I recall. Judging by the lack of other responses, I would guess I'm not alone in this intellectual chasm of darkness?

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was counting on you to recognize it as a story by someone else. Now I'll have to send it around to the "usual places."

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like "Blowups Happen" by Robert A. Heinlein, one of his short stories available in several Heinlein anthologies.

quote:
Originally posted by eswimmer:
I can't remember the title of a R. Bradbury short story I am looking for. The story line is that of workers in a Nuclear Power Plant, who are constantly monitored for psychological stability, and stress, to insure operational safety and predict problems before they occur. Also, a mathematical system for ensuring critical mass will not be reached...triggering dangerous chain reaction occurrence.....and a mistake in the equation's calculation is found.

If you know the name of this story.....please reply.....TNX

Posts: 1 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: 16 May 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post