Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Want to take a Russian girl in your company?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Want to take a Russian girl in your company?
 Login/Join

posted
Hello everybody,
I want to join your company. I am from Russia, Altai... but it doesn't really matter. I like mr. Bradbury's books and read every one that I find. Thanks beforehand

Posts: 12 | Location: Russia, Altai | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All you have to do is begin participating. There's no "joining" other than loving Bradbury's work and posting your perspectives and opinions on these boards.

[This message has been edited by Mr. Dark (edited 07-17-2004).]

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
greenreed--Welcome to the board. One of the things I love most about this site is that we get to talk to people from all over the world. It's good to know that Ray lovers come from all countries, all age groups, and all walks of life!

[This message has been edited by lmskipper (edited 07-17-2004).]

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thrilled to have you!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dobre Tchien!
(best pnonetic spelling I could manage)

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
greenreed:

Welcome!

You have 'neighbors' who love Bradbury too. Take a look at another Russian reader of Bradbury.
http://www.raybradbury.ru

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 07-17-2004).]

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Zdrastvooeetye, greenreed! Always nice to meet new Bradbury fans.

Posts: 32 | Location: Provo, Utah, USA | Registered: 09 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Cold War is a thing of the past, but we STILL don't know a whole lot about greenreed's gigantic and (I'm sure) beautiful country . . . I think message boards like this one can help to bridge the gap. I wonder how much of the 'American spirit' - a vital ingredient in most Bradbury stories - survives in translation.

Posts: 149 | Location: Ostend, Belgium | Registered: 11 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for welcome. I didn�t know that there're so many Bradbury fans in the world. It�s great! I�m glad to find this site� have already read several posts here, that were very informative for me�

Braling II, rm-r
Was surprised to find Russian-speaking people here. Zdravstvuyte! I�m too young, so simple �Preevet� is quite enough Wink

Posts: 12 | Location: Russia, Altai | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard Kordell,

Hi, to tell the truth, when I was looking for any information about Ray Bradbury I didn�t even think about Russian sites�just wrote �Bradbury� in Google and came here�You were the first to suggest this idea to me, thanks. If I stumble across something interesting I will post it here� or if you need the translation I can try to do it. My English is awful but�

posted Hide Post
Gothic,

I think there is no point in speaking about politics, especially Russian-American politics here� let�s leave it for the politicians
I don�t make any distinctions� maybe I�m wrong?
Bradbury stories are wonderful in any language, but I've always tried to read the original texts to avoid the ambiguity� and by the way, I guess I understand, feel �American spirit�

posted Hide Post
So what can you Russians tell us regarding this film?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115412/

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"there is no point in speaking about politics...leave it for the politicians"

I couldn't agree more! Welcome to the party! Please visit the "Who are YOU?" thread under the "Resources" section to tell us about how you got the name "greenreed."

Posts: 411 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also, EVERYONE who has not yet done so--ESPECIALLY people from countries outside the U. S.--please be so kind as to post on the "So...Where Y'All From?" thread in the "Ray's Legacy" folder. Thanks!

[This message has been edited by dandelion (edited 07-20-2004).]

posted Hide Post
dandelion,

"So what can you Russians tell us regarding this film? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115412/

Have you seen this film? I dodn't know whether it was translated into English...
Are you interested in my own impression or you want to know what do Russians think about it?

oh, and by the way, I've already posted on the "So...Where Y'All From?" thread in the "Ray's Legacy" folder.
Smiler