Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    1 day of sunshine book/movie

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1 day of sunshine book/movie
 Login/Join

posted
Help!!

When I was young, maybe around the late 1960's, I remember watching a movie on TV that I think was based on a Ray Bradbury Book. The premise of the movie was thus:

In the future, smog and air pollution would not let the sun shine through. Children were in underground schools for 364 days a year. BUT THAT ONE DAY, they they cam out, played, smelled flowers etc.

Does anyone know of this movie/book.

Thanks in advance.... It's driving me mad!!!

Jeffrey

Posts: 1 | Location: N. tonawanda, NY USa | Registered: 06 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The short story is "All Summer in a Day," which appears in several collections, easy to find. Several requests have appeared for the movie, long out of print, hard to find, and expensive when found!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post