Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Frost and Fire

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Frost and Fire
 Login/Join

posted
I haven't read any Bradbury since I read Fahrenheit 451 ages ago.

I just finished a couple stories in his short story book, R is For Rocket, and I really enjoyed Frost and Fire. It's about the extreme temperature planet where the human inhabitants live only for eight days.

Does anyone have any other favorites in R is for Rocket??

Posts: 2 | Location: Saint Louis | Registered: 05 October 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome BJBasamanowicz!

"Here There Be Tygers" and "The Strawberry Window" are two of my favorites, but especially "Frost and Fire."

By the way, if you can be patient with the pixilation, you might enjoy this 1980 adaptation of "Frost and Fire."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0v9CrmEpT8

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Frost and Fire is my favorite, too, followed by A Sound of Thunder, The Long Rain, and then the title story.

After that, I would choose The Fog Horn - but there are many, many Bradbury readers who would choose The Fog Horn above all the others in the book.

Posts: 700 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Linnl- thanks for the link, and the welcome, I began watching last night. I read 'Here There Be Tygers' last night and loved it!!! I didn't get as much out of "The Strawberry Window," but I was growing very sleepy at the time I read it.

douglasSP - thanks for the recommendation. The Fog Horn was one of the first stories I read. Very cool.

Posts: 2 | Location: Saint Louis | Registered: 05 October 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Uncle Einar.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's my favorite story!!!!!!!!!!!!! Frost and Fire is what made me fall in love with Bradbury's writing. And, I haven't read R is for rocket. I read Frost and Fire from The Sound of Thunder and other stories. I can't really remember the names of each story either (it's been a while), but I'm probably going to re-read the book soon.

Posts: 7 | Location: United States | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post