Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Upcoming "A Sound of Thunder" Movie Comments

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Upcoming "A Sound of Thunder" Movie Comments
 Login/Join

posted
Is everyone pumped for the movie?
From what I read at http://www.upcomingmovies.com, it looks like it will be showing in 2003. Pierce Brosnan, who they are looking for to play Travis (ugh), is currently working on James Bond so production will have to be pushed back (grr).

Personally, I'm afraid of what Hollywood will do to the story. From the way Jurassic Park was done; I can see 75% of the movie beign the death of the T-Rex and the retrieving of the bullet from it's head.

Definetly rated R.

If they play up the time change factor at the end, which is HIGHLY unlikely, it might be a good movie. But all the gore won't do much for me.

What do you all think?

Eric Burke

- - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - http://www.tzworld.com
Twilight Zone World: Everything that is Twilight Zone
- - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Posts: 1 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: 03 February 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So far Mr. Bradbury seems happy with it. they booted out Renny Harlin because he wanted to take the butterfly out of the story. Since the butterfly is the crux of the story, Bradbury said, "No way!" and now Peter Hyams is in as director. If Mr. Bradbury has creative input enough to get a director ousted, it has a lot of potential.

Posts: 21 | Location: Edwardsville, Illinois | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't wait for this film. To 'flesh out' the short story for film length, do you think we might be given background info.? (eg. Travis' background, the presidential election etc.) Could be very interesting.

Posts: 79 | Location: Tomerong, NSW, Australia | Registered: 16 February 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post