Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    New book, per Nard's post
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New book, per Nard's post
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
embroiderer,
The list of people Ray has met is here and hasn’t been updated since 05/24/06:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/37910839...111060022#9111060022

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chapter 31, I know Bradbury has met The Beatles, especially fans Ringo and George Harrison. And Elton John, who even wrote a piece of music named after one of Ray's stories: Rocket Man! But I wonder if Ray ever met Michael Jackson!?!

Posts: 162 | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Salamander:
But I wonder if Ray ever met Michael Jackson!?!

I don't know, but 4E did.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When and where did Ray meet any of the Beatles?

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I posted this "Ray and Ringo" event back in 2006, but it's worth telling again:

"With regards to Ringo, Ray tells the story of taking his daughters to a David Bowie concert when his children were teenagers. After the concert, Ray was invited to go backstage and meet Bowie. When he and his daughters arrived at Bowie's dressing room backstage, Ringo Starr was there as well. According to Ray, Ringo cried out, "My God, it's Ray Bradbury!" and hurried across the room to meet Ray, stumbling over a chair in the process. Bowie hurried over to greet Ray as well. Ray says that at that point his daughters looked at each other and him as though thinking, 'Hey, maybe our father is pretty cool after all.'"

Posts: 2470 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I didn't realize that had been posted here. Just called Ray today and he confirmed the Ringo story.

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post