Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Clarisse
 Login/Join

posted
Why do you think Clarisse wanted to know why it is there than what it is?

[This message has been edited by E.Ruzgaite (edited 08-25-2004).]

Posts: 6 | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She wanted to be surprised by the size?
Cheers, Translator

Lem Reader

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Translator, I believe you are replying to school children. Your reply comment is unfortunate and unnecessary, however witty you may think you are.

[This message has been edited by Richard (edited 08-26-2004).]

Posts: 369 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that Clarisse was reared that way by her family. In F451, constant mentions of Clarisse's uncle being a different thinker led me to believe that he also instilled in Clarisse a sense of the world that she could not learn in school or from someone else.
I also really admire her for thinking that way, because she is so young and she also had been to the schools where she could have conformed, but her thinking was a thing of its own. She was a breath of fresh air to Montag and my all time favorite character.

Posts: 2 | Location: USA | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1) Why read so much into a very laconic and innocent post, Richard? Does everything have to revolve around that little part of life?
2) Anyone who can read FH451 is old enough for any innuendos, be they intended or not.

Cheers, Translator

Lem Reader

Posts: 626 | Location: Maple, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post