Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Fahrenheit 451 remake idea
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fahrenheit 451 remake idea
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I couldn't agree more, yestermorrow

Posts: 411 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I much prefer the idea of a live-action presentation of F451. That said, I hope that the director remains true to the book. I have the DVD for the '66 version, and enjoy it very much. However, I would like to see the Hound, the Beetle cars, and a modern representation of the Family wall screens. I hope they also give Ray Bradbury a cameo.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The cameo idea is cool, a la Hitchcock!

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I approve of the cameo, hope he will.

Here are two words for ya: PLASMA TV!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It would also be interesting to see how the Internet would figure into the F451 society.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, as I've seen here on the board, it could be said that for a matter of fact Mr Bradbury does not like the internet. He won't even read a transcript dandelion has made for him. Ha ha! I'm not laughing at you, dandelion

I agree with you that the internet would be interesting if included in the new movie, which I believe it would in some fashion. As it is a digitally imposed fountain of information and considered a bastion of free press, I'd say it depends, as everything in a free society does, on the morality of its individual users. I can see it being used like the seashell radio and the wall screens as what they esstentially were: distractions from living.

Posts: 135 | Registered: 22 July 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just a thought:
I always considered the "family" in the wall screens to be very much like a soap opera, but perhaps in the future everyone in a chat room will have a camera pointed on them with a blue screen behind them and they will be composited into the picture of the house, making it seem that they are all in one room on TV. Thus, the soap opera really does include the viewer, and they won't have to even hire actresses...I hope that all made sense...This is just a thought, however, I don't think it would be appropriate for the 451 movie. Two reasons:
1: It isn't important to the story. It would be a change for changes sake, and NONE of us want to see that. We want to dee the book as we know and love it. We wouldn't want to see a Martian Chronicles movie with changed dates, would we? So let's just stick to the family as described in the book.
2: This will never happen because people who would be participating on a regular basis would likely be much more boring than TV (which says alot) and most of all would not be "beautiful" like the people in soap operas supposedly are. The audience and sponsors would be lost.(Boy, I really hope this is not misinterpreted)
Anyway, I say we stuff the pages into the camera and leave the internet out of it!

Posts: 411 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P.S. as for those sketches up there, I could easily see the larger one as a Hot Wheels or Matchbox car!

posted Hide Post
Lol, groon! Did you see the ads for the latest "reality show"? I think it must be on Fox because as I explained I don't even have the TV tuned to the network channels most of the time and haven't since "Freaks and Geeks" was cancelled. In this one, some poor hapless souls get up and sing while some music-savvy types yawn and then cut them down. One guy has a British accent for greater effect (as did the guys in Linda's "family" in the old movie, as I recall.) It says something about who is and is not considered a TV-quality personality! I agree we all wouldn't want to see F451 done the way of "Cheaper by the Dozen" where the movie simply steals the book's title.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post