Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"The Island"
 Login/Join

posted
This was a short story written about 1952 about a houseful of women and a boy literally locked away from the world. I have reread this story at least 4 times and I just don't get the ending. Can someone shed some light on this for me, please?

Thanks

Posts: 1 | Location: Jefferson, GA, USA | Registered: 20 September 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This story sounds a bit like "Jack-In-The-Box"; although the 'several women' you refer to turn out to be - well, I don't want to ruin it for anyone who hasn't read it...

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never seen "Jack-in-the-Box" under any other title. Can you describe the ending of the story you remember?

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ive read a story about a boy locked away from the world but it was called "The Shadow Children" and it was because of a two child limit.

Posts: 12 | Location: Andover, Kansas, USA | Registered: 06 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post