Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Thoughts & feelings on 'One More For The Road'

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thoughts & feelings on 'One More For The Road'
 Login/Join

posted
Personally, I felt dissapointed with Bradbury's latest short story collection and was wondering whether fellow Bradbury fans feel the same as I. In my mind, most of the stories are too abscure and vague (even by Bradbury's standards) and many left me feeling as though something was missing. A lot of the stories (particularly the the newest ones) seemed more like vague poetic impressions than stories and very few seemed to have Bradbury's unique facility for shock endings. I was actually very surprised at my reaction to the collection because his two other most recent collections - 'Driving Blind' and 'Quicker from the Eye' - easily rank as two of my favourite works of his ever. So... is it him or is it me??!!

Posts: 1 | Location: Adelaide, South Australia | Registered: 08 July 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post