Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Favorite 'obscure' story
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite 'obscure' story
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
BH, cool name indeed! Blind Henry is a great character.
Did you ever get to read "Tomorrow's Child"?
I think another "obscure" RB story is "Powerhouse". Not one of my faves, but not much discussed.

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brailing II,

Nope I haven't found Tomorrow's Child yet. Over the weekend I looked through my Bradbury collection, but no luck. Any ideas where I might be able to locate it?

I seem to remember hearing about the story Powerhouse. Maybe I read about it in Sam Weller's book or on this site? I'll look for both of them.

So what's the story about the mushroom aliens growing in the basement, or something like that?

Best wishes.

BH

Posts: 83 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 11 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I Sing the Body Electric.

Boys! Raise Giant Mushrooms in Your Cellar!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blind Henry, it sounds like you need to use the Bradburymedia Short Story Finder!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Blind Henry, it sounds like you need to use the Bradburymedia Short Story Finder!

But is it available in a Braille version?

OK, you saw that one coming.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Philnic, excellent! This is very helpful. I've not been to that website before.

Doug, good one! Thankfully my screen name personna is only visually impaired.

I hope to read Tomorrow's Child this weekend after I stop by the library.

Posts: 83 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 11 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
But is it available in a Braille version?

No, Blind Henry will have to invest in a screen reader!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi,everyone!
I am glad i've at last done this-found this site.I adore reading Bradbury.His books are a kind of revelation to me.Unfortunately there are not much of them sold in my country.Besides,i want to read them in English.I've read here how you guys give advice and so on.
Can anyone tell me how to write a letter to Ray Bradbury himself?And can anyone send me his "Farewell summer" in English by mail?
I would be really greatful!!

Posts: 1 | Location: kazakhstan | Registered: 13 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad you made it and great to have you. Please (and this applies to any new members) post in the thread headed "So...Where Y'All From?"

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
aliya, our Russian friend Pavel has a lot of Bradbury full texts on his website, some of them in English.

He has Farewell Summer here:
http://www.raybradbury.ru/library/novels/farewell_summer/

- Phil

posted Hide Post
I'm trying to remember one of my favorite RB stories.... but no one can seem to ID the title for me.

It has to do with man trying to survive on an alien planet where he has crashed. He beleives he is forcing an abandoned alien city to adapt to his needs, when in fact it is the city that has forced him to adapt.

I started a thred regarding this in the Fav book forum. Can someone please help? I'd like to get the story for someone as a gift.

Posts: 4 | Registered: 21 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is that Let There Be Tygers ?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Biplane, our friend theoctobercountry has solved this mystery on the "Need A Story ID" thread, q.v.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post