Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    What Ray Bradbury book do you like most?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Ray Bradbury book do you like most?
 Login/Join

posted
Do you have a favorite Bradbury story? Mine is Hail and Fairwell. I would like to hear from all of you so please answer!

Posts: 3 | Location: Taylor,MI,48180 | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
THERE WILL COME SOFT RAINS is a masterpiece- A work of art which proves beyond any doubt that the artist has mastered his craft and developed his own unique style.

I think SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES also qualifies as a masterpiece.

FAHRENHEIT 451 is my favorite book ever, but I think SOMETHING WICKED is a "better" book because not one word is wasted and the tempo of his prose doesn't miss a beat. Where F-451's prose seems to stumble in a few places(first 30-40 pages) and at times he seems to be trying too hard to establish a tempo(prose), but once that tempo IS established it's a beautiful thing. A lot of people have a hard time falling in step with his march those first 40ish pages and end up getting trampled under foot.

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post