Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Anyone else coming to Long Beach?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone else coming to Long Beach?
 Login/Join

posted
Hope to see you there.

My son and I want to bring four books for autographs. Is that too many? We once went to a Magic:The Gathering event on the Queen Mary. We wanted to get some cards signed by the artists. People ahead of us in line brought huge stacks of cards. We all had to wait a long time, and the artists had to work very hard. It just seemed rude. What's appropriate for a book signing? (Frankly, the signatures are not as important to us as the chance to say "Thank you.").

Thanks, DZ

Posts: 26 | Location: Ojai, CA, USA | Registered: 18 September 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd say it really depends on the number of people there, and the rules of that particular venue. Chances are, due to Ray's advancing age and his desire to please everyone, there will probably be a limit of one signature per person. That seems to be the trend of the last few years, although you never know...

-Greg

Posts: 139 | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post