Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Who likes Fahrenheit 451?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who likes Fahrenheit 451?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
O! Guys you know some russian words! It very cool Smiler I'm very glad that you have some knowledge in russian

Sorry, for my bad English

Posts: 30 | Location: Russian Federation, Taganrog | Registered: 03 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, I lied, I know three words. Da, Nyet, and oduvanchikov, which is Russian for "Dandelion," so if I ever can't use "Dandelion" I can sign myself as "Oduvanchikov."

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Everybody's Russian is better than mine, since I don't know any. Your English is pretty good, der Schnaps. Keep up the good work.

For 3.5 years, I tried to learn Latin. All I remember is quid me vexabaum: what, me worry? And that probably isn't even accurate Smiler.

Posts: 195 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Okay, I lied, I know three words. Da, Nyet, and oduvanchikov, which is Russian for "Dandelion," so if I ever can't use "Dandelion" I can sign myself as "Oduvanchikov."

"Oduvanchikov" - is a plural
for you corect form is - "Oduvanchik" Wink

Posts: 30 | Location: Russian Federation, Taganrog | Registered: 03 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
about dandelions!
On the south of Russia is spring now and few days ago I saw dandelions for the first time in this year. Then I remembered a moment from F451. When Clarice show dandelion to Montag and rubed his chin by dandelion.
I think that is very interesting moment

what role are dandelions playing in Bradbary's creative? What do you think&

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by der Schnaps:
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:

"Oduvanchikov" - is a plural
for you corect form is - "Oduvanchik" Wink

Thanks, you learn something new every day.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
der Schnaps,
I grew up being afraid of you guys. How come I like you so much?

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chapter 31:
der Schnaps,

What do you mean?

posted Hide Post
Must be a Baby Boomer, that is, from the Cold War generation. Many Americans were taught to be afraid of Russians during the 1950s-1970s. Are you younger than 30 years old?

posted Hide Post
Me, too, but when I was in India several years ago, I saw groups of Russian tourists, and kind of silently met a couple of them (couldn't communicate), and I realized that they are very warm and wonderful people. I should have known because I love the Russian authors.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I held up release of a book last year for two months, ('Time Pieces'), so that Russian writer Rebecca Latyntseva could get her story 'Red Monkeys' into us.

Shocking...stunning story. We received many comments about it. She's your classic Russian author...driven, and on another plane from the rest of us. Sometimes we joke about it around here. We say, 'We're all down HERE, and Rebecca is somewhere OUT THERE. Her username in most places is 'Rebel Lady.' She lives in England now.

On another note, Seattle resident and former King County Police detective Deana Jarrod broke a record. Hmm...not a particularly good one though. (lol)

See the article here: 'Am I Drunk...or Just Dead Already?'

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Robert M Blevins,

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by der Schnaps:
quote:
Originally posted by Chapter 31:
der Schnaps,

What do you mean?

Vlad's question here is, to me, very affirming!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Couldn’t agree more. Nice observation.

der Shnaps,
I was referring to the impression we westerners had of Russians in general in the 1950’s. Your government and mine “stood toe to toe but seldom saw eye to eye”, (seldom agreed). Not until I read Alaxander Isayevich Solzhenitsyn in the 70’s did I begin to understand how human you folks are.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that we are all good people with merits and demerits, which loves literature, creative and many other amanities of life. But between us has many artificial barriers and prejudices which made by our governments

posted Hide Post
Well said, and so very true.

Posts: 195 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post