Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Who likes Fahrenheit 451?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who likes Fahrenheit 451?
 Login/Join

posted
I really like Fahrenheit! I have 50 pages left and I wish there were more. The plot twists are great. I just started on these forums. Big Grin

Think about it?

Posts: 2 | Location: Mars | Registered: 03 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who doesn't like this book LoL

Welcome to tho boards. I read F451 about 3 years ago for the first time. It's a very good book.

Free sci-fi mag online at:thelordshen.com

Posts: 178 | Location: Currently Flint, MI | Registered: 28 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Top tip: when you get to the end, close the book, put it aside for one whole day while you think about it - and then start all over again! It stands up very well to re-reading, and you'll get just as much out of it the second time.

Then go and watch the movie on DVD, delight at the things they got right, lament at the things they got wrong...

...and then read the book again.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your ideas Philnic. I just finished now so I'm starting on another great book, "The Halloween Tree".

Think about it?

Posts: 2 | Location: Mars | Registered: 03 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was wondering about something,
I watched the interview Mr. Bradbury on Fox News and learned that he was upset with Michael More. I later watched the Movie Fahrenheit 451. Can anyone say if Mr. Bradbury is a Libertarian? I've taken a certain amount of inspiration in that direction due to Mr. Bradbury and some what from Dr. Popper as well. I'd be interested to hear anyones thoughts on this thanks.

~Jon

entia non sunt
multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Posts: 1 | Location: St. Paul MN | Registered: 06 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LOTS o' stuff on this topic awhile ago. Just go up to "find" and search around a bit.

Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What's with all the Latin?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mea culpa!
Just razzin' the Razor there.
How are you, Biplane? Any communication with our hero lately?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, I haven't called Ray lately. Now that Nard is out there nearby and attending many of the events that Ray is appearing at, I haven't called him. But should, to let him know that I am alive and well if nothing else.

Flying to the Great State of Minnesota next week to clean out boxes of books to ship down here that have rested in the basement of my sister-in-law's for the past five years. I need to build some book shelves. I love my books.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bibliophiles, unite!
My family, alas! does not share this love.

After you've donned the leather helmet, goggles, and scarf, make sure you've got all those boxes of books securely strapped into the second seat - or will you be distributing them evenly on the wings to lessen the chance of mis-balancing the old craft?

posted Hide Post
BIBLIOMANIACS TAKE TO THE AIR!

ZAP, ZAM ZOWIE AND SWOOSH.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Super Bwoing?

I picture Biplane as more of an "Up, up, and awaaaay!" guy.

posted Hide Post
it's one of my favorite books. i've read it at least twice.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 12 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
None of us like that book. Everyone hates it. Thats why we're all on this particular forum. to get the bastard who wrote it. Ya'ar!!!!!

(Of course, I'm being sarcastic)

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WildGravity:
...(Of course, I'm being sarcastic)

Phew, that's a relief! You had me worried there!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post