Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Who likes Fahrenheit 451?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who likes Fahrenheit 451?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nico:
Better Vlad the Inhaler than the impaler, assailer, minister of distributing betrayal, hay bailer or lead ship sailor, wicked spider web tailor of the mischievous satyr?

Nico, are you a poet?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or better yet are you with the velvet underground by any chance?

If there is a God, I know he likes to rock.

Posts: 274 | Location: Marooned | Registered: 15 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pictures what you saw it was the first variant of illustration to F451. But thomething disturb me in this style of pictures. I decided that this style don't approach to F451. And I stoped after 3rd & begun to work new direction. You are saw results earlier.
But now, after your's so good coments I think that is need to finish set of illustration in this style and show it to our community

Sorry, for my bad English

Posts: 30 | Location: Russian Federation, Taganrog | Registered: 03 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't forget to email me your full name and address, Vlad. I'm waiting to fax Mr B right now!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Don't forget to email me your full name and address, Vlad. I'm waiting to fax Mr B right now!

I sent you e-mail few minutes ago Wink

Posts: 30 | Location: Russian Federation, Taganrog | Registered: 03 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WildGravity:
Or better yet are you with the velvet underground by any chance?

I'm afraid that's not me, bud.

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a rough day today at work, making mistakes etc. The one shining moment was when sorting through some books from a buy getting ready to take some to the garbage(damaged beyond repair, similar to the island of misfit toysFrowner ), I saw a first edition Fahrenheit 451 paperback. Granted, it is in sorry shape with a broken spine and a few tattered pages, but it is treasure to me and still burning brightly! The copyright is 1953, price 35 cents, and not only the great original Mugnani cover but three interior illustrations and two bonus stories, The Playground, and And The Rock Cried Out! I am jazzed.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Originally posted by Nico:
Better Vlad the Inhaler than the impaler, assailer, minister of distributing betrayal, hay bailer or lead ship sailor, wicked spider web tailor of the mischievous satyr?

Nico, are you a poet?

I was actually inspired to write a poem from that:

Title still in working:

Upon the fjord, atop its hill,
A hall of Bacchanalian thrill,
Is silenced, brought to dreadful still,
By Praettigwearg, the hand of ill.

And on the earth, beneath the fog,
It dwells in embers ‘neath the logs,
Of pine which serve to warm the grog,
For Bacchanalia above the bog.

Couriered by draft ‘neath the door,
Ferried round by seaman’s oar,
Bottled, and with the vitae stored,
It dwells in wait, and harkens oer’,
To gather of a festive four,
Who dance with wanton revel in the dwelling’s core.

And, amidst these halted spring-night games,
But one of four then seeks to name,
The stagnant mood inclined to maim,
The shout-and-toast to: ‘Spring reclaimed!’
That brought them round the hall-hearth flame,
He bid his fellows do the same.

“The air, your lungs! The creaks, your ears!
Something which we ought to fear,
My senses say pervades us near,
And comes to end our jovial cheer!”

The second brother then proceeds:
“I smell but smoke and honey-mead,
Perhaps strong drink has placed a seed,
That brings to speech a craven need,
To speak of fears we needn’t heed,
Such wariness is not our creed.”

That's part I

serious comma usage revision necessary.

To answer your question, poetry is a beloved hobby of mine.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nico,

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rocket:
I saw a first edition Fahrenheit 451 paperback. Granted, it is in sorry shape with a broken spine and a few tattered pages, but it is treasure to me and still burning brightly! The copyright is 1953, price 35 cents, and not only the great original Mugnani cover but three interior illustrations and two bonus stories, The Playground, and And The Rock Cried Out! I am jazzed.

can you scan this and show as?

posted Hide Post
der Schnaps, no need to apologise. Your amongst friends. Although I do not have a scanner, I am a narcissist with a camera, much to everyone's dismay. I'm a nudist as well, so I went ahead and posed nude with the book of course. Enjoy!

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Image451_001.jpg (60 Kb, 7 downloads)

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another for your viewing pleasure....

Image451_003.jpg (61 Kb, 7 downloads)

posted Hide Post
Now that's just plain silly...

Image451_004.jpg (60 Kb, 7 downloads)

posted Hide Post
Fecundity is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
I exhort Wildgravity to do the same....

Image451_006.jpg (62 Kb, 10 downloads)