Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    what about it??
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

what about it??
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
The "books clammering for attention" thing reminds me of the toys that wanted to be played with in TOY STORY and "The island of forgotten toys" in RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER.

It would be interesting to see a Pixar movie about books that wanted to be read. Such a movie might serve as a kind of publicity boost to books and could do wonders for literacy for generations to come.

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, grasstains, I have the same problem and you just inspired me to post an "Island of Misfit Books" thread here: http://forums.abebooks.com/abesleuthcom

Korby, I started reading one book at school and one at home at least as early as sixth grade. I remember in fourth grade I was still carrying the same book back and forth before developing the new system.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Depending on what the books are about, I can't always read more than one at a time or I'll get the plots mixed up (I have this problem mainly if I'm reading a Patricia Cornwell novel at the same time as one by Kathy Reichs or Robert W. Walker)! Of course, I never had to worry about reading more than one at a time because I'd read so fast! I've been trying to slow down and savor the books longer....with varied success!

grasstains, I haven't been in a bookstore in AGES! I get all my books through one of the book clubs I'm in or Amazon.com. Of course, if I'm in a mall, I physically cannot walk past a bookstore! I think there's some kind of human magnet in there that just sucks me in! And I'm running out of room in my bookshelves! So, I've been attempting to whittle down what I have, getting rid of what I would probably never read again and giving those books to charity (throwing out a book is sacrilegious, imo!)

Posts: 213 | Location: New Berlin, WI, USA | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post