Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Fahrenheit 451

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fahrenheit 451
 Login/Join

posted
Just recently in my English II class we started to read Fahrenheit 451. I didn't think it would be that great of a book, i was wrong. This book is so deep, it is really good. I can't wait to see what happens in the end. Montag being the name of the parent company of mead. That is really cool. My english teacher does a great job of explaining it.

Posts: 1 | Location: Columbia, IL, USA` | Registered: 29 November 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let's face it. F451 is a quite unique novel. I read it from cover to cover without putting my eyes off of it. My mom thought i was crazy, but o well, the ending is worth it. I love how Bradbury uses the Phoenix as a symbol within the story... You'll see how later.... The ending is awesome, and i would totally give it the best applaud.

Posts: 2 | Location: Stony Point, Ny, USA | Registered: 01 December 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah fantastic book... though, Clarisse should have survived, it would have been another Phoenix-theme.

________________<br />When you were young, did children kill each other back then?

Posts: 21 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: 09 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About Clarisse, you are certainly right, and that is one change in the book which didn't occur to Bradbury which he later agreed was better. I find myself many times after reading a book and watching the movies thinking it's a shame the author couldn't have consulted with the screenwriters before the book appeared in print, as so often they get it right. This doesn't happen very often with Bradbury, but did in this case.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Havn't seen the movie yet, but I bid on it at eBay.

Dam, is there a Clarisse Fanclub out there? Would be great if. And I hope that she will survive in the possible remake. Bradburry really agreed on that she should have survived? Why isn't he writing a part two or a "directors cut"???

________________<br />When you were young, did children kill each other back then?

Posts: 21 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: 09 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's true, Bradbury is documented to have said that. Also, "Let's All Kill Constance" was written because he was going to kill off Constance, who decided she wanted to live and would not die!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post